Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 300 Mk2 Wheels

Yep....perfect fit.....you can fit up to 235/55 on them with no spacers or 255/55 with 15mm spacers.....

oh yeah....with 255/55 the speedo reads spot on.....no error at all!

Yep....perfect fit.....you can fit up to 235/55 on them with no spacers or 255/55 with 15mm spacers.....

Right so ive bought them , 5 wheels with 235/55 tyres ( spare needs a refurb other wise MINT with decent tread on the tyres ) £300 :whistling:

1 - Will the bolts from the mk1 wheels fit ( no bolts with the wheels ) or will i need to buy new ones? if i do , what size do i need ?

2 - How much will my speedo be out by? i have the 17's on at the mo.

Thanks

Right so ive bought them , 5 wheels with 235/55 tyres ( spare needs a refurb other wise MINT with decent tread on the tyres ) £300 :whistling:

1 - Will the bolts from the mk1 wheels fit ( no bolts with the wheels ) or will i need to buy new ones? if i do , what size do i need ?

Thanks

.1. Yes the bolts will fit and are indeed the correct fitment.

.2. Probably by about 3-4 mph....indicated lower than your actual true speed. Try this site

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

..though do not believe that your originally indated speed was accurate....a good GPS navigation system will give you a more accurate reading

Thanks

.2. Probably by about 3-4 mph....indicated lower than your actual true speed. Try this site

..though do not believe that your originally indated speed was accurate....a good GPS navigation system will give you a more accurate reading

Thanks

What size are the std tyres with the upgraded 17s?

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

I was not aware you could get 17" as an option from new on the RX Mk1 in the UK.....so cannot answer that I am afraid.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

I was not aware you could get 17" as an option from new on the RX Mk1 in the UK.....so cannot answer that I am afraid.

Std Tyre with 17's is 225 60 17 , new tyre with 18's 235 55 18 so my speedo is 2% out 60mph is 61.2mph. i'll check it with the sat nav also.

Thanks

Somebody must know what the recommended Tyre pressure is for a MK 2 18" with std 235/55/18 tyres?

What does it say in the owners manual?

Thanks

But your asking in the Mk1 forum....try the Mk2 forum I reckon your'll get an instant reply....maybe! :shifty:

Somebody must know what the recommended Tyre pressure is for a MK 2 18" with std 235/55/18 tyres?

Thanks

But your asking in the Mk1 forum....try the Mk2 forum I reckon your'll get an instant reply....maybe! :shifty:

There isn't a MK.2 forum only one RX forum for all RX models.

I can't help with tyre pressure for 18s 'cos I've got 20s on.

Thanks

There isn't a MK.2 forum only one RX forum for all RX models.

I can't help with tyre pressure for 18s 'cos I've got 20s on.

Ooops :blush: sorry...thinking of the US site.