Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Placebo Effect

aido

OK I've just swapped over the car Battery in mine and I swear it sounds quieter and smoother - the other Battery was pretty dead - you can definitely hear the difference in the speed it turns over etc, but would there be any reason it sounds quieter?!

Think I'm being hit by the placebo effect but I'd swear there's a difference :lol:

I haven't had any alcohol for ages!

What I don't get is that I've been resetting the ECU about once a week if not more lately as I've been replacing vacuum pipes and tightening stuff up, cleaning the MAF etc so even the ECU reset wouldn't explain it!

I'm half wondering though if it was the Battery bracket as that was only finger tight when I took it off so the Battery could have been moving - I've replaced the Battery bar with another and it's nice and tight now!

Also the earth connections would also make sense so will have to have a play - need to track a wire down when the car is on the ramps as well :)

Hey I even put vaseline on the connectors as recommended on the net - but bugger me the stuff smells a bit nasty when you first complete the circuit to the Battery :sick:

Oh well roll on Tuesday and new spark plugs and o2 connector :D

maybe the new Battery is flat... and its running on 1 cylinder now?

(just thought i'd throw that out there) :whistling:

talking about batteries... when do yours run out? or are you plugged into the mains?