Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing The Pollen Filter - Where To Start?!

Right then folks who can help me look at replacing my pollen filter please?

From what I can gather it should be in the glove box area - but how do you get to it and what exactly am I looking for?

I opened the glovebox earlier and took out the three screws and that drops forward a bit but I can't see anything resembling what I'm after?!

Or do they not all have them?

Mine is a early 99 I think?

Thanks in advance

at the back of the glove box you will have to remove the rectangular partwhich just slides upwards then directly behind that is the pollen filter ,to remove that you have to pull on the plastic grips which are there and it should come out

Sorry dude I'm being a spanner here but which is the rectangular bit? I'll have a better look tomorrow :)

Finally got that bonnet cable by the way today as well :)

Cheers fella - I'm guessing looking at that Autodata pic that I'm going to need to drop the entire front down?

In fact what a ***** - I've just realised I bought the GS service repair manual thing the other day so I'll see what that says too :)

Winner I do have to take the entire door down - at the moment there's a wire I'll need to disconnect that's holding it up.

After that I guess it's just a case of give it a bloody good yank downwards?

Just noticed that Autodata pic is exactly the same as what's on the Toyota guide :D

No worries mate. Just had a right game getting AutoData to work! Still, if you need any other illustrations and i've got them, your more than welcome to them. Can't see it being overly different to the IS pollen filter change. Although looking at it, I was wrong...

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

No worries mate. Just had a right game getting AutoData to work! Still, if you need any other illustrations and i've got them, your more than welcome to them. Can't see it being overly different to the IS pollen filter change. Although looking at it, I was wrong...

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

no spanners should be needed. No wires need to be disconnected.

I meant I'm a spanner :lol:

Colin, am I right in thinking I need to take the three screws out of the entire plastic bit that surrounds the CD changer etc or is that the wrong section? As there was a wire held onto that plastic fascia that meant it wouldn't come down at all without unplugging it?

That may be why I struggled if I'm trying to take the wrong bit off?

found the procedure I wrote:

http://www.puravent.co.uk/filters/display_...∂=M2209

unless the import doesn't have the cutout in the back of the glovebox

Ahhhh that's where I'm going wrong thank-you mate :)

You don't half get about you :P

I was actually trying to remove the plastic bit above where the CD changer is - that explains why I wasn't seeing the area I was after.

Will check to see if the removable panel is there - it would make sense I guess as the EPC pic showed me that I'd have to lift it out of the tray.

I don't think it's ever been changed though so I'm not looking forward to seeing it tomorrow!

Not a good idea going outside in my shorts and tshirt when it's bloody freezing :lol:

Right then found it - little cutout at the back of the glove box tray, reached in there and just pulled towards me to get the plastic front off.

Swapped the filters over, making sure both were labelled Up the correct way and popped the tray back in.

Stopped there because it's too dark to mess with the fiddly bit and too blooming cold :lol:

Anyway I owe you all a pint as that is now done :D

But how bloody disgusting is the old filter :sick:

It was actually black and full to the brim of **** - very nasty indeed!

I guess the A/C will be way more effective and not smell as bad now - but saying that I have a can of the Forte cleaner stuff so may run that through the system tomorrow too :)

Thanks fellas :)