Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Do Garages Always Let You Down?

Saraj

With the new astra, the dealer agreed to putting 12 months MOT, i gave the car today, and the guy said he taks it to blackburn which is about 15 miles from the dealer garage,

at 6pm i rang to see whether the car was back, i knew the car had passed by checking the mot website, which shows history failures and advisories. that showed it passed,

and guess what the guy said ! oh there have not done it yet cause there been very busy ! lol i said i know thereve done it, and then he says yh but it failed so there waiting for parts. lol i could not beleive it, so i told him again that i knew its passed so he passed me to the owner who said he will have it to me back 8pm,

there just dropped it off at my house, and guess what it says onthe certificate it was done in Burnley not 15 miles away but more like 5 miles away

its stuff like this which really questions these guys, and the reason why i hate dealers and garages

What dealer did you get that from mate? Sounds like they're being proper cheeky for some reason! Probably just couldn't be arsed what with it being Friday and all!

not much of a dealer really more like a small run business, there got done along time ago for joining two cars together and selling them, now there lega well hoepfully, found a bargain with them, but thats what you get.

"Thay got done for joining two cars together" i would stay well clear of garage like that mate . sounds like kinda place charge you for work thay aint carried out and prob steal parts off your car while you leave it there

I've never bought from a really posh dealers like Lexus/Merc/BMW so can't say if they're any better, but the others I've dealt with have almost all been lying bastards. The guy I bought my Lexus off in particular, he knew something about the expensive problems which I had to get fixed. But then I guess they get stitched up the other way, people trading knackered cars in etc. so they have some justification for being like that.

The only exception was my Gen 3 Hyundai Coupe, the car was a disappointment but the dealers were excellent to buy from, and their service department was also brilliant. It was Bramwells in Wigan but they have now closed.

maybe I am being too cynical, bitter and twisted after 11 years of a Tony and Gordon but I can't help but feel that the country has slipped under the waves....

- crap service from car dealers / shops etc

- try finding a reliable builder / plumber etc who gets the job right first time - almost impossible in my experience

- try dealing with councils / taxman / services

- no respect / manners / sense of community anymore

- the system is setup in favour of the liars / cheats / scrotes / scroungers / chav ******wits

Sorry for the miserable reply !! :D

maybe I am being too cynical, bitter and twisted after 11 years of a Tony and Gordon but I can't help but feel that the country has slipped under the waves....

- crap service from car dealers / shops etc

- try finding a reliable builder / plumber etc who gets the job right first time - almost impossible in my experience

- try dealing with councils / taxman / services

- no respect / manners / sense of community anymore

- the system is setup in favour of the liars / cheats / scrotes / scroungers / chav ******wits

Sorry for the miserable reply !! :D

And so endeth todays sermon !! p.s. cant agree more !! we aint rip off Britain for nothing.