Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipods

gib

Hi all,

I am going to New York in a few weeks and want to buy an Ipod Nano to replace my old Ipod. Can I assume there are no difficulties in purchasing one in the US as opposed to here? I am kind of hoping they may be slightly cheaper....

Anyway, can someone tell me what will happen when I plug in the new Ipod to my PC which holds songs from my old Ipod. Will it reject it, or is it a smooth transition?

Cheers

Hi all,

I am going to New York in a few weeks and want to buy an Ipod Nano to replace my old Ipod. Can I assume there are no difficulties in purchasing one in the US as opposed to here? I am kind of hoping they may be slightly cheaper....

Anyway, can someone tell me what will happen when I plug in the new Ipod to my PC which holds songs from my old Ipod. Will it reject it, or is it a smooth transition?

Cheers

Should be fine mate - when you first plug it in it will say it's detected a new iPod and would you like to manage it on this computer or something like that at which point you can start syncing over what playlists you want - unless it can take them all in which case off it will go - basically you should find that you'll be able to use both iPods on the same computer and it'll keep them in sync :)

Only thing that will be different will be the American plug but you can use USB to charge anyway!

Only thing I'd say is have a good look at the price to make sure it's cheaper due to the pound flushing down the toilet but odds are it still will be!!

You'll be fine with a US ipod, i used to have one. I was in the US last october and even with the superior wxchange rate, when i changed my money in July, there wasnt that much of a difference in price

Ah hahahah, look at that computer club. It's scarily similar to the one I used to visit every week to get my C64 & Amiga warez :) Sometimes I got so many games I had to overwrite them the following week with new ones because I couldn't afford to keep buying floppy disks :lol:

There is one advantage to US iPods, they don't have the stupid low volume limit of European ones. If you buy fancy headphones that take lots of power to drive, you will be able to listen to them at normal volumes. Note that for most kinds of headphones the EU iPods usually have enough volume.

I have been to NY a couple of times now. There are a lot of 'Electronics/Camera' stores in Times Sq. etc that sell Ipods and numerous other branded goods, allegedly a lot cheaper than normal.

Has anyone bought from one of these stores? Anyone had any difficulties?

You never get anything for nothing.........

i didnt notice much diff in price last year and thats when the exch rate was much better.

IMO you would be better getting from a uk retailer at least you then get to go back to them if you have any issues.. you could laways try apples rerfubed online store..

no probs with buying ip[ods from the US - you will save a bit too, but not as much as a year or so back as exchange rates have become naff!!

u shouldn't have any problems with the old tunes on ur computer mate.

:offtopic: but i came across a program called senuti (itunes spelt backwards) that allow you to sync ur ipod to more than one computer. well, it kinda rips all ur music from the ipod and sticks it into itunes on whatever computer ur using. u can then sync with the other computer and away u go. pretty nifty and may be of use to someone else??