Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cambelt & Service At Lexus - Hanley

Hello all,

Newish to the forum, been lurking for a while.

Just had my Mk1 gs300 sport serviced at Lexus Hanley. 119,000 mile 'B' service

New plugs fitted - I supplied

New fuel filter - I supplied

New front discs and pads - I supplied

Change Oil

Change Oil & Air Filter

Change Cambelt

Plus the 'B' service

Had it all done for £593.00

Couldn't be happier with both the cost and the guy's I delt with. Very professional and great value for money!

Trouble is I now need to get the suspension sorted, upper lower ball joints & bushes, one new spring needed etc! They said if I supply the parts they would fit though!

Really pleased, I would recommend them. The engineer who did mine was spot on.

Cheers - Phil

Was it a guy called Mick who worked on your car? He's sound as if so :)

Welcome to LOC anyway and glad all went well today!

I think Mick was on a course, (didn't know his name, but the other Lexus guy was out) Shaun did it :)

I've just bought a brand new upper wishbone with ball joint (of course!!) from eBay for £89.00 (this includes the postage).

Just need to get the lower now for o/s & n/s.

Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the lower arm bushes or are these part of the lower ball joint?? :blush:

Cheers guys - I'll post some pictures tomorrow, though it looks the same as every other silver 300 sport!

i know people who could, i wouldnt do it myself

Hey Chris, let me know who could, if you don't mind, I'll make contact :whistling:

Need the following doing:

n/s upper and lower ball joints

o/s lower ball joint and o/s spring replacing

Lower arm bushes replacing

If you could help, i'd appreciate it! Cash in hand, through the books, whatever!

Phil

just had a thought

you have a GS Sport which has lowered suspension, i dont think you will be able get the originals now especially just one. You may have to go for a new set of springs

just had a thought

you have a GS Sport which has lowered suspension, i dont think you will be able get the originals now especially just one. You may have to go for a new set of springs

Mmm, I hope this is not the case. I will try to source one from somewhere. The car is low enough, I would not want to lower it anymore than it is!

Cheers Chris.

Got my lower suspension ball joints today, £61.00 each. Just need to look into the bush situation now! :crybaby:

Phil

Mmm, I hope this is not the case. I will try to source one from somewhere. The car is low enough, I would not want to lower it anymore than it is!

Have a look at my thread, particularly from post number 17 onwards:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=34331

Have a look at my thread, particularly from post number 17 onwards:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=34331

Thanks for that - really helpful. What happened with your in the end, did you replace the replacement Spax that were too high?

Phil

Thanks for that - really helpful. What happened with your in the end, did you replace the replacement Spax that were too high?

The height was just my own observation but without taking before and after measurements to compare, I can't confirm if it was actually higher, although it certainly wasn't non-Sport height. The car handled as good as before, if not better because the springs were new and not broken.

I don't have the 300 Sport anymore after I part exchanged it for a 430 Sport last year. I was sad to see her go but am loving the 430. :)