Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Folding Rear Seats - Not!

Hello

I have just discovered that the car, an IS-250, does not have foldings seats in the rear. :tsktsk:

I didn't notice..........well missed this wonderful "feature" when i purchased the car. I figured the boot wans not as big as i'd probably like on some occassions, but with the seats down it will be passable. Fat chance!! :duh:

Toyota probably fit this to most of their cars but not this. Crazy! :huh:

Rant over! :D

Greig

None of the Lexus saloons have ever had folding seats as far as I know - the bulkhead is always in the way of that?

Morning :D

Really annoying! I will edit my first post as well as i think the 2009 models still do not have them either ( misread the literature ), for the reasons you state probably!

Greig

I don't know why they design the cars like this though mate - one of the more technical lot will probably know though - I used to love the fact I could get out of shifting kit about at work as it wouldn't fit in the boot of my IS :lol:

I don't know why they design the cars like this though mate - one of the more technical lot will probably know though - I used to love the fact I could get out of shifting kit about at work as it wouldn't fit in the boot of my IS :lol:

We're getting close, I believe 2009 IS has folding rear head rests - just what is needed for flat pack Ikea furniture :D

Saloon cars traditionally don't have folding rear seats and Toyota keep up that tradition. With a bulkhead behind the rear seats you get a stiffer chassis, less road noise coming into the cabin and if somebody breaks into either the boot or the cabin they cannot get to the other area.

IS, GS and LS are made this way.

Saloon cars traditionally don't have folding rear seats and Toyota keep up that tradition. With a bulkhead behind the rear seats you get a stiffer chassis, less road noise coming into the cabin and if somebody breaks into either the boot or the cabin they cannot get to the other area.

IS, GS and LS are made this way.

Makes perfect sense :)

Tell you what I'm amazed how much difference it makes just by taking the rear seats out!

..... and if somebody breaks into either the boot or the cabin they cannot get to the other area.

except when they pull up the boot release (admittedly you can deadlock it)

I gotta admit it was a shock when I found out, as I had them on m '99 Honda Accord and they were useful.