Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are Screen Washers Adjustable?

As it says really on an IS250 are the windscreen washers adjustable? I want to point them more up the screen as they aren't cleaning properly. I've had a quick look under the bonnet and from the top but can't see anything obvious.

The only thing I can think of mate would be if you still have the plastic bumpstops at the front of the bonnet on the chassis itself you could rotate them slightly to reduce the pressure on the bonnet - to be fair though I wouldn't think that would make a great difference and there's not much room before too little pressure holding it back up and you'll see it moving slightly at highspeeds?

As it says really on an IS250 are the windscreen washers adjustable? I want to point them more up the screen as they aren't cleaning properly. I've had a quick look under the bonnet and from the top but can't see anything obvious.

yes they normally are adjustable - do u have the fan type or the normal type with 2 or 3 jets?

yes they normally are adjustable - do u have the fan type or the normal type with 2 or 3 jets?

Is this where you stick a pin in and try and move it towards the direction you want it?

Is there anything you can do with the fan type ones Rob?

Cheers Chris, ah well I'll leave em as is then - just put them on the Aristo and they aim a bit low but it's still better than what you get normally with them :)

just put a new pair on mine as the others looked a bit shabby against the new paintwork lol

:D

I was gobsmacked mate - mine were the originals I think, yet when I got them off the paint was as good as the new ones I was putting on! Couldn't believe it as they're over ten years old now - shame the rest of the paintwork isn't in such good nick!

Is this where you stick a pin in and try and move it towards the direction you want it?

Is there anything you can do with the fan type ones Rob?

exactly!!! u might need to just scrape any old polish wax etc away to make them move easier but a pin is just the right size or large needle

Still haven't found anything on adjustability of these on the US forums - did find this to stop the headlight washers working with the windscreen washers which may be of interest for those who have just cleaned their car and don't want that happening:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-...ld-washers.html

Removed one side it's just a funny clip holds it on and no adjustment at all. So just brushed it over with some window cleaner and put it back. I was going to ask about the hack you just posted !! So I'm going to do that to see if it increases pressure amd maybe the height up the windscreen.

Thanks Aido :)

Just thinking mate, it's not the tidiest solution but if it's just held in could you maybe add a layer or two of felt on the side towards the engine to change the angle ever so slightly? Guess that would only work if it's not too tight and held by the middle though?

Good luck with that other mod, that always used to do my head in on the IS after I'd just polished and waxed it and then it'd shoot water all over the bonnet :lol:

Turned the lights off and tested it ( no headlamp wash ) and spray is still not far enough up the screen, I suspect the wipers need replacing as well. So a trip to the local dealer is called for.

I did find out there are 3 different sets of washers for the screen so probably is 2 jets, 3 jets or fan like the IS200.

Well I've bought a new set of wiper rubbers from Lexus, I found out there are 5 different washer jets for my car :( but decided against it when I was told the low height of the jet was OK.

Fitted the new rubbers and noticed that both were splaying out away from the screen at the ends ( didn't realise it mattered where you put the two shiny metal bits in the rubber - they were actually curved ) and the new rubbers are the business. They take the water up the screen and leave it nice and clean :)