Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Folks, just new to this forum so hello !

I am looking to possibly buy a Lexus IS 250 and was wondering if anyone can give me some real life figures MPG for the Lexus IS 250 sport??? 2006 model...as various articles say 20mpg and some say users get 35 mpg....?!?!?!??!?! Whats the average the REAL drivers on here get ???

Many thanks, :shifty:

I am looking to possibly buy a Lexus IS 250 and was wondering if anyone can give me some real life figures MPG for the Lexus IS 250 sport??? 2006 model...as various articles say 20mpg and some say users get 35 mpg....?!?!?!??!?! Whats the average the REAL drivers on here get ???

Average 25-28 mpg with my auto so I would expect a manual to return less. That's been the case for the last three years. You can achieve lower and higher figures than that, and I've done so over short and long runs, but generally the figure I've given is my average. That's with premium fuels, as it has only had the occasional tank of 95 RON when I've needed to fill up where there's no alternative.

Average 25-28 mpg with my auto so I would expect a manual to return less. That's been the case for the last three years. You can achieve lower and higher figures than that, and I've done so over short and long runs, but generally the figure I've given is my average. That's with premium fuels, as it has only had the occasional tank of 95 RON when I've needed to fill up where there's no alternative.

thanks for the prompt repsonse....as I expected....Its making my decision more difficult. I had hoped circa 35.....but nayway thanks mate.

thanks for the prompt repsonse....as I expected....Its making my decision more difficult. I had hoped circa 35.....but nayway thanks mate.

Hi Paul,

My IS250 SE auto gives me 7.6 Liters per 100KM on the open road at between 120 and 130 KPH and about 11.3 litres per 100 in city driving and quite hard driving at that, quite a bit lighter than my wifes 325i and my friends 318i

I also found out that the Auto is lighter on fuel than the manual, not sure why? but this was from many owners.

I am pretty happy with mine as my previous car a BMW 330i only gave me 16 to 17 liters per 100 in town and about 11 litres per 100 on the open road at 120-130kmh

You need to convert to MPG

I redline my Lexus quite often as I tend to grow hornes when i drive (typical ex BM driver)

I have an 06 Sport, and usually get around the 30mpg mark. It doesn't generally go below 28mpg, but on long clear motorway journeys I've had it up to 40.

I have an 06 Sport, and usually get around the 30mpg mark. It doesn't generally go below 28mpg, but on long clear motorway journeys I've had it up to 40.

thanks Alan thats more like it !

By the way Lexus are not budging much on second hand prices ! Talk about a credit crunch !

That's far better MPG than my IS200. 24 in town, 36 on clear motorway

That's far better MPG than my IS200. 24 in town, 36 on clear motorway

As I stated I've had less than my average and more than, but that's not with 'normal' driving. I managed 44+ mpg on a single 100 mile motorway run on cruise control at 75 mph and at the other extreme less than 20 thrashing it around my gliding club airfield peri track. The average figures in my first post are based on gallons in against actual mileage out, NOT the ECU 'average tank' or 'journey mpg'. I have minor intake and exhaust mods and tend to drive it near to it's potential, so perhaps my figures are on the low side to most? Be gentle with the throttle and stick rigidly to the speed limits and 28-30+ mpg mixed urban may well be achievable.

It's still more economical than my IS200 Sport though :lol: