Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For Aido

Rob

Chuff me - that door is nearly as wide as my ex mrs :lol:

How big is the bunker then mate? I hate to think what you get up to down there :winky:

Lol, tell you what, you wouldnt want to drop a smelly in their! Would linger for ages!

it doubles up as the store room for the building mate but its a good 5mx10m with a crawl thru space to the next buildings bunker which is a bit bigger.

you can take tours around one of the largest in the world in lucerne

How big is that one?

I really need to get myself over there this year so I can check it out!

Is that a common thing to have over there then Rob? Or is it only certain places that have them? :)

perfectly normal mate, every apartment block nomally has one as do a lot of the houses. there are 4 bunkers in our block.

a law was passed in the cold war era that every citizen must have access to a bunker there is a huge one under the city hospital, its actualy the underground car park but has huge filtration units and huge concrete/lead doors.

If you have a private one the u get a reduction in your tax

How big is that one?

I really need to get myself over there this year so I can check it out!

dont know the actual size but its designed to hold 20,000 people and to withstand a 1 megaton explosion from 1 km, i know there is a 7 story building inside the mountain. but the flaw is they say it will take 2 weeks to prepare everything and it also took them 2 days to close the main doors as they had not been maintained. the bunker is now just a relic and the have reduced the capacity to just 2000 due to costs.

Well you've got the Large Hadron Collider over there so it pays to be safe :P

if that bad boy goes tits up a fall out shelter aint gonna help us! The possibility of creating an artificial black hole capable of smallowing the frekin universe kinda scares me!!

hopefully, but its a very dangerous test, the fact that the scientist themselves say there not sure what to expect! recreating the big bang? doesnt sit right with me.

They try to do that every Saturday night in their bedrooms mate and we're still here :lol:

The rate they're going it'll be a long time before anything meaningful is done on the kit - Yellowstone will probably blow it's top first :o