Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost Control At A Round-a-bout Nasty Skid :(

N2KHL

hey guys bad news for me i lost control of my is200 at a roundabout doing no more than 20-25mph. I blame the weather ! I didnt hit anything but part of the curb as the car spun round and it looks like my rear left side wheel is bent. Not sure if its just the rim im have a horrible feeling its messed up the suspension. Managed to drive it home at 20mph as any more made the car wanna swing out again and the steering wheel was all at the wrong angle to keep it straight :(

Any one wanna help me guess what i may need fixing ?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well obviously glad your ok the roads are slippy at the moment so its no shock that some of us are skidding arround. I think the best thing to do would be to replace the wheel and see how the car drives. Put the spare on and see how it is. If it is still all over the place take it to a tyre place and get the geometry done best place wim of course. It may have just been knocked out of alignment. If after this it is still terrible then the suspension arm could be bent but i am sure they would inform you of that at the trye place.

Good luck i hope its not too costly for you.

Glad your ok matey? Think you need to get that wheel off and have a good look at your suspension to see if there are any bent bits? If its as bad a you say it is i think you will be able to see something thats not right? But if all looks good swap the wheel with your spare and see if it still drives badly? Hope you get it sorted mate :)

thanks guys for the well wishes and advice i will get some one to look at it on monday mean while if i get a chance i may take a pic of the damage and post it up !

just for info has any one else had the same happen and hit their wheel quite hard if so what did u do to get it fixed up ?? just realise i was supposed to go to london this week to see a friend who just had a new kidney and i really wanna see her :(

Thats the back wheel at that angle?! Definitely needs some suspension work looking at that! I was lucky, hit a kerb a couple of years back and it all checked out fine!

Worst case you might need to get a train to London, unless you book it into Lexus or another garage who can give you a courtesy vehicle?

Very much looks like one or some of the components that make up the suspension has been bent, think you need to get it to a garage asap

then afterwards get mr bones to set it up at WIM

I'm guessing you must have been in a patch of oil or ice to have bent it that badly at 20-25mph - plus that must be a really solid sidewall on that tyre as the alloy looks ok?

I'm guessing you must have been in a patch of oil or ice to have bent it that badly at 20-25mph - plus that must be a really solid sidewall on that tyre as the alloy looks ok?

the alloy does look ok except for the kerb mark where it got slammed into the kerb. Remember the car slid around almost 360 degrees so there was quite an impact! gonna get some one to check it over tommorow i was hoping i had only kicked out the wheel alinement but i guess it is looking more like part of the suspension is bent. At least it still kinda drives lol

Looking at that backend it must proper waddle when you drove it home fella? Just try and find somewhere as close to home as possible as it'll probably shred that tyre pretty quickly!

Looking at that backend it must proper waddle when you drove it home fella? Just try and find somewhere as close to home as possible as it'll probably shred that tyre pretty quickly!

i dont think it waddled as such i think its in a fixed position although u r right it will shred that tire real quick !

In my case I had also hit the curb, but it was at the end all it was sorted out by wheel tracking & had to do some wheel balancing of that wheel, till date it is working fine.

I hope it will cost you around 20£, 15£ for tracking & 5£ for balancing.

& do it immediately or stop using the car until you are ready to fix it, other wise continuous usage will change the shape of tyre thread, & will cost you more.

But most important thing is you are safe & well. Things like this happens, take extra care not to repeat it again especially when your family is accompanying you.

Just been to see a few people initially nothing looks bent but i have to take the car back tommorow for an in depth inspection. The garage was rather busy! A friend recons that the hub may be bent but wont know till the spare is put on and tested. I hoping that its just the wheel thats got bent but since the wheel rotates in a fixed fashion i guess its got to be worse than that :( just want tommorow to come quick so i know the full extent of the damage!

I hoping that its just the wheel thats got bent but since the wheel rotates in a fixed fashion i guess its got to be worse than that :( just want tommorow to come quick so i know the full extent of the damage!

I very much doubt that the wheel itself has bent, at least not on its own, I think that the suspension would bend first under impact before the wheel rim.