Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost Control At A Round-a-bout Nasty Skid :(

N2KHL

I hoping that its just the wheel thats got bent but since the wheel rotates in a fixed fashion i guess its got to be worse than that :( just want tommorow to come quick so i know the full extent of the damage!

I very much doubt that the wheel itself has bent, at least not on its own, I think that the suspension would bend first under impact before the wheel rim.

I think u may be right there ! wont know till tommorow though !

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear about this matey. glad ur ok. was that loughborough way this happened?? did all ur tires have good tread depth and correctly inflated as that may have constituted towards the spin???

nah not in loughborough it was up in hamilton in leicester i guess they dont grit so much up that way. as for the tires the rears are in good nick i been keeping them inflated at 35psi. the car is at the mechanics now i recon ive bent the hub but wont know till i know. Just take it easy on the roads especially with your supercharger ! im lucky at the mo as i too 2 extra weeks off from work just hope im back on the road asap !

Here is an update. The mechanic said the wishbone looks good no cracks or bending. He has said that the hub is bent so need a new one of those as well as a new wheel bearing and also the abs sensor. Is the IS200 hub a dealer only part ?? Wheel bearing and perhaps the abs sensor may be sourced else where. Im gonna get a call once the parts have been sourced and get the bad news on the price lol.

Sounds o.k.,

My right rear wheel looked like that after just a week (hitted a kerb at low speed). Only the wheel looked damaged and I was able to drive (a short distance that is).

After that the misery began and it ended with an all new subframe, dampers, hub and a lot of work (took 2 weeks) at the end there was a bill of 3300 pounds...... (but the car drove well again).

Since then I have winter tires and keep the car well alligned.

Sounds o.k.,

My right rear wheel looked like that after just a week (hitted a kerb at low speed). Only the wheel looked damaged and I was able to drive (a short distance that is).

After that the misery began and it ended with an all new subframe, dampers, hub and a lot of work (took 2 weeks) at the end there was a bill of 3300 pounds...... (but the car drove well again).

Since then I have winter tires and keep the car well alligned.

if mine costs that much to fix id just sell up and buy somthing else !!

i got a complete rear hub for £80 from a salvage yard. mine looked a lot worse than yours does and it was fine after replacing the hub.

you should have gone to see tony at wim he's the man for these problems

i wish i could have but hes a tad far for me especially when my car just about limps at 20mph at the mo !

why would the ABS sensor need replacing?? do you have any warning lights? if you dont then there is no need to change it - i reckon the garage is trying it on.

And how exactly can u bend the hub? the other suspension items would have to be massivly damaged before any damage would occur .... unless there is something i am missing

sounds like the cars made from a soft as hell metal as i have never but a sub frame or hub on my is.

only time that happened was hitting a armaco wall at 50 mph in the race car im now running and even that wasnt a big twist

i would get a second opinion from the dealer as if a place say that and dont have the stuff to srighten normally people wouldnt all they have to do is keep the car for a couple of days and then tell u its done charge a fortune, for doing nothing.

already had it done, and the same place did it to a mate.

Must be soft metall, mine only did 15 mph. and the complete subframe was toast. Stopping 1422 kg at once sideways by one rim will cause a lot of force on parts that aren't designed for this.... Mechanic told me he had seen it before and it's the weeks spot of the IS.

why would the ABS sensor need replacing?? do you have any warning lights? if you dont then there is no need to change it - i reckon the garage is trying it on.

And how exactly can u bend the hub? the other suspension items would have to be massivly damaged before any damage would occur .... unless there is something i am missing

to be fair to the garage they havent charged me for anything so far these were all suggestions on what could need replacing but what has been confirmed it a problem with the subframe. Now that ive opted for the insurance route i dont car how much gets charged so long as they :

1. dont write off the car

2. fix the problem

i think im gonna have a stress free day tommorow and enjoy the last of my hols finally !

spoke with the garage that the insurance has nominated they are just waiting on the go ahead from the insurance company before they can start work on my car. It looks like its gonna cost almost £1500 to fix although i havent been given a break down of what needs fixing yet. :(

i remember hitting a curb in my 89 honda prelude at about 40kmph in the rain when the brakes locked around a bend, bent the front left wheel and suspension so far back that when the other wheels were straight the front left was resting at the back of the wheel arch, about 3k to get the suspension fixed and then also had to have the whole car rebent into shape, pretty big aftermath for a pretty tame accident!

N2KHL if its £1500 to fix whats your payable excess?

i remember hitting a curb in my 89 honda prelude at about 40kmph in the rain when the brakes locked around a bend, bent the front left wheel and suspension so far back that when the other wheels were straight the front left was resting at the back of the wheel arch, about 3k to get the suspension fixed and then also had to have the whole car rebent into shape, pretty big aftermath for a pretty tame accident!

N2KHL if its £1500 to fix whats your payable excess?

Im gonna be paying out £250 on my excess

Here is an update. The mechanic said the wishbone looks good no cracks or bending. He has said that the hub is bent so need a new one of those as well as a new wheel bearing and also the abs sensor. Is the IS200 hub a dealer only part ?? Wheel bearing and perhaps the abs sensor may be sourced else where. Im gonna get a call once the parts have been sourced and get the bad news on the price lol.

Hi mate you can get a new HUB and wheel bearing kit from ALLPARTS....

Finally i just heard from the bodyshop that my car is not a writeoff and they are gonna start work on my lovely lexus!! praise the lord !!! this means i finally get a courtasy car ! woohoo happy days lol!