Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost Control At A Round-a-bout Nasty Skid :(

N2KHL

Finally i just heard from the bodyshop that my car is not a writeoff and they are gonna start work on my lovely lexus!! praise the lord !!! this means i finally get a courtasy car ! woohoo happy days lol!

Glad to hear it, it'll be back on the road in no time :)

Why the wait for the courtesy car, didn't you get one as soon as you dropped it off at Lexus? That's what happened a few years ago when my car was involved in a shunt :unsure:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the insurance company didnt send the car to lexus but to one of thier approved garages. The wait was there as the company had to approve the repair and only then i would get a car.

Sound like you maybe hit a patch of diesel. You would not believe how slippy that stuff is. Theres a wax added to diesel and when it is spilled it literally turns the road into an ice rink.

Blame the lorries mate. The amount I have seen with fuel caps that don't seal right and being overfilled -You are only supposed to fill up to 6-8 inches below the filler neck but the drivers will cram as much in as they can so they can drive for longer between fill-ups. Whenever they go round corners.. and roundabouts the diesel is pished out through the vent pipes and filler cap onto the road. Lethal for bikes.

Hope you get is sorted mate. Sounds like all is in hand.

similar thing happened to me january 4th, i hit some black ice on a corner at slowish speed and spun round twice smashing into the kerb, my IS300 is in the repairers now, over 4 grands worth of damage.

three new wheels and tyres, whole rear suspension, subframe, rear bumper, rear abs sensors etc.

still havent got the car back yet, looks like its been a realy bad time for IS owners :crying:

thanks for all the support guys sorry i havent given any updates been home sick with this vomiting and poo bug thing :(

The car should be ready by the end of this week or early next week !!

• 2 weeks later...

Good news my car has been fixed it even passed its MOT although been given an advisory for the front brakes which i will get sorted asap once i get it back. I dont know when i will get the car back due to these crappy conditions on the road but at least i can look forward to getting my baby back soon woohoo !!

Pads are about what 30 - 40 quid - I once paid a local tyre place a fiver to change them over :D

Actually just seen somewhere on eBay doing Mintex front and back pads for 43 quid delivered!

Hey up Nik,

Saw ur car parked up outside Haselgrave this morning, so take it she's all sorted and running smoothly again?!

Looks a nice motor mate, we'll have to meet up one day and have a natter!

any plans for it or are you keeping it fairly standard mate??

Pads are about what 30 - 40 quid - I once paid a local tyre place a fiver to change them over :D

Actually just seen somewhere on eBay doing Mintex front and back pads for 43 quid delivered!

I'm desperate for a set, are these a good price?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-IS300-SC...%3A1|240%3A1318

Hey up Nik,

Saw ur car parked up outside Haselgrave this morning, so take it she's all sorted and running smoothly again?!

Looks a nice motor mate, we'll have to meet up one day and have a natter!

any plans for it or are you keeping it fairly standard mate??

Hey thanks dude!!

She is running well no pulling to either side and i guess for the mo shes gonna be fairly standard i have a flat to furnish !! the only mods i may do on her will be 18" wheels and lowering springs as well as a trip to wim when my budget will permit!!

You will have to take me out in that supercharged beast so that i know what its like to be in a charged IS !!

It does sound alright for front and back pads mate :)

It does sound alright for front and back pads mate :)

Cheers, think I'll go for em then :)