Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greenstuff Front Pads

IanCaldwell

Hi, I need to replace the Pads on my IS250 Auto (25k miles). I would liek to use Green Stuff as these have worked well in my MX5. Has anyone used these on an IS250? Any other types of pads people would recommend. I will be doing the job myself as it saves money and it would take me longer to take it to Lexus - assuming it comes apart ok that is 8-).

Myself and alot of other members use Mintex, but Green stuff is good, guess if you're trying to keep costs down, the Mintex ones are probably cheaper. I could be wrong.

As for coming apart, if their as easy as the previous IS models brake assembly you should have no problems at all.

• 2 months later...
Hi, I need to replace the Pads on my IS250 Auto (25k miles). I would liek to use Green Stuff as these have worked well in my MX5. Has anyone used these on an IS250? Any other types of pads people would recommend. I will be doing the job myself as it saves money and it would take me longer to take it to Lexus - assuming it comes apart ok that is 8-).

Update: Don't bother with Greenstuff. Brake feel is different but I don't think they are any better than the lexus original pads. The next time I will try the cheaper Mintex and If they are no good, go back to Lexus pads.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the RedStuff for over a year now and am quite happy with it. Even when cold, brake power is excellent.

Btw., concerning the Mintex, does anyone know if pads are available for the IS350 (GS300) front calipers? I did not find any reference for Lexus on their online catalogue. And where can I order Mintex?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys green stuff tend to be for cars under 200 bhp and red for over 200 thens there yellow for track racing which is iilegal and will fail an MOT. I have red on my is250 and find there fantastic and have put yellow stuff :) on my type R

• 4 months later...
Do you have to change the discs if using the redstuff pads or are they a straight replacement for the oem pads?

You may find that because the red stuff pads or other pads are high performance that they wear out the standard OEM discs quicker than OEM pads do.....but it will give you the choice to upgrade the disc`s at a later date.. :)