Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Woes

ant1

hi all,ive had the dredded error3 up on my lex sport 99 stereo so i assume its now shot or can it be fixed?if its shot can someone please tell me the best place to start looking for a second hand one or if someone on here has one for sale that would be even better

thanks

It's knackered mate, get an aftermarket replacement.

You could try fixing it but it'll probably just go wrong again in the near future. Similarly if you buy a replacement OEM unit it'll only be a matter of time before it goes ERR3 again.

I'm in exactly the same position as you, currently there's a big hole in my dash where my head unit used to be.

If you buy a new aftermarket unit it'll at least come with a full warranty.

Check the Audio/Video forum for details of how to connect up an aftermarket unit, fascia, cables etc.

It's knackered mate, get an aftermarket replacement.

You could try fixing it but it'll probably just go wrong again in the near future. Similarly if you buy a replacement OEM unit it'll only be a matter of time before it goes ERR3 again.

I'm in exactly the same position as you, currently there's a big hole in my dash where my head unit used to be.

If you buy a new aftermarket unit it'll at least come with a full warranty.

Check the Audio/Video forum for details of how to connect up an aftermarket unit, fascia, cables etc.

thanks for the reply stewie,your right buying a secondhand one i could have the same scenario again in a week,...gutted as i felt the system although not the best it gave a quality sound output

thanks for the reply stewie,your right buying a secondhand one i could have the same scenario again in a week,...gutted as i felt the system although not the best it gave a quality sound output

I know what you mean, I was gutted when mine went, and as you say it's a pretty decent unit. But then I started looking around and saw I could get a new unit with lots of great features like Bluetooth, iPod control, etc, etc. I'm starting to be glad it went wrong now ! :D