Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"better" Altezza On Ebay

sparkystav

I think the guys either dreaming or been seriously mis-sold!

Item 330300046031

This is a superb example of The IS200 is finished in metallic platinum silver.

This model offers a higher spec than its UK counterpart and is fitted with all the modern comfort features including:

Central Locking, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, ABS, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Drivers Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Alloy Wheels.

The Altezza is powered by a 200 BHP BEAMS tuned, Yamaha engine. with steering wheel gear shift controls. Much better on fuel than its UK counterpart.

The car is taxed until June 2009 and has its MOT until April.

There is a genuine low reserve on this car - I am having to sell to get a more 'family-orientated' car - gutted!

There are a few scratches on the back bumper, but otherwise both exterior and interior are in great condition.

It has done 120k miles, mostly motorway miles.

We imported this car from Japan ourselves and we have all the relevant documentation.

And his engine bay:

6d1a_1.JPG

Stav

I think the guys either dreaming or been seriously mis-sold!

Item 330300046031

This is a superb example of The IS200 is finished in metallic platinum silver.

This model offers a higher spec than its UK counterpart and is fitted with all the modern comfort features including:

Central Locking, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, ABS, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Drivers Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Alloy Wheels.

The Altezza is powered by a 200 BHP BEAMS tuned, Yamaha engine. with steering wheel gear shift controls. Much better on fuel than its UK counterpart.

The car is taxed until June 2009 and has its MOT until April.

There is a genuine low reserve on this car - I am having to sell to get a more 'family-orientated' car - gutted!

There are a few scratches on the back bumper, but otherwise both exterior and interior are in great condition.

It has done 120k miles, mostly motorway miles.

We imported this car from Japan ourselves and we have all the relevant documentation.

And his engine bay:

6d1a_1.JPG

Stav

Some just dont know any better :D Also saying 4-Wheel Drive :o

Oh dear - and there's the standard 1G-FE engine :(

Hello AS200!

There was a really old thread about a guy in Aus that got an Altezza that appeared to have been modified to around that mark but it was running the 1G-FE and not the 3S-GE. Surprised a few folk on here but it was a minter

Will have to dig it out - think his name was Bam Bam

The Altezza is powered by a 200 BHP BEAMS tuned, Yamaha engine. with steering wheel gear shift controls.

Ah ... did he just copy and paste without reading? where are the steering wheel controls ... lol

Yeah, some are, but yours isn't!!! And it would be worse on fuel I believe it was a proper Altezza (RS200)

He's updated the ad so I'm assuming one of you lot contacted him?

Don't the Euro models run rich because of the cats? Not sure if the AS200 has the main cat and precats like the ones in Europe, if so and it didn't run as rich then it would be better on fuel?

He's updated the ad so I'm assuming one of you lot contacted him?

Guilty as charged. Sorry but had to put him straight. I thought he would ignore me, so added at the bottom that

anyone buying the car could reject it and would have E-Bay backing as the car is defo not as described....

aaaah but at least the Ad wil be correct :)

I AM THAT MAN.

Absolutely straight with you - I am not a petrolhead and really appreciate your comments and help - I am a little confused though. The engine says BEAMS 2000 - is this not a BEAMS engine????? _ I have posted an updated photo - any use??

Didn't realise I could be so controversial!!! All I was doing was trying to sell the car! Was a genuine mistake!

Thanks again.

Nick

It is a BEAMS engine but it is no different from the UK spec one, an Altezza AS200 is exactly the same as a basic IS200 S maybe with less sound proofing material though so it is definately not better than a non imported model.

As for the exhaust, it has to have the same cats as an IS200 to pass SVA

Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System

i *think* Aido was right, its just a cover.

Monster Mat seems to know about it.

As the other thread. its ok about the mistake mate, things are simple when you already know them lol

Although the Altezza AS200 has "BEAMS" on its engine cover (with the same engine underneath as the Lexus IS200), it seems that usually enthusiasts reserve the term "BEAMS" for the 3S-GE engine in the Altezza RS200 and a few other motors.

e.g. there's a BEAMS Owners Group and this seems to be centred around the 3S-GE engine.

My impression seems to be that "BEAMS" doesn't really mean a lot, but is mainly used to refer to specific variants of that 3S-GE engine.