Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc Light On After Getting New Key From Dealer

Hi all,

Hope someone can help,picked up my 2001 GS300 last monday,the engine check light was on,mechanic said it was only an emissions sensor and he would replace it and it would not affect the cars driving.The car is driving fine.I only got ome key so rang Lexus dealer to order a spare key and they rang to say it was ready on saturday.I needed to bring the car to dealer to get the new key and my car to recognise each other.After getting my new key i drove off the forecourt and the VSC Lights were on.After drivng about 2 miles i went back to the Dealer.They said they did a diagnostic and switched the light off.But as soon as i started to drve away the VAC Lights came on again.They have been coming on ever since.Is it likely they upset somrthing when they were programming the ECU.Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.

P.S Will a faulty emmissions sensor damage my catalytic converter?

Best regards

Mark

Anxious New Owner

Hi all,

Hope someone can help,picked up my 2001 GS300 last monday,the engine check light was on,mechanic said it was only an emissions sensor and he would replace it and it would not affect the cars driving.The car is driving fine.I only got ome key so rang Lexus dealer to order a spare key and they rang to say it was ready on saturday.I needed to bring the car to dealer to get the new key and my car to recognise each other.After getting my new key i drove off the forecourt and the VSC Lights were on.After drivng about 2 miles i went back to the Dealer.They said they did a diagnostic and switched the light off.But as soon as i started to drve away the VAC Lights came on again.They have been coming on ever since.Is it likely they upset somrthing when they were programming the ECU.Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Best regards

Mark

Anxious New Owner

Take the car back to the dealer and insist that everything is rectified. If they try to fob you off tell them that you will reject the car. Put it all in writing and keep a note of everything that transpires.

Hi all,

Best regards

Mark

Anxious New Owner

Take the car back to the dealer and insist that everything is rectified. If they try to fob you off tell them that you will reject the car. Put it all in writing and keep a note of everything that transpires.

Hi all,

Best regards

Mark

Anxious New Owner

Hi all,

Best regards

Mark

Anxious New Owner

[Thanks for the reply

I did not buy from a LEXUS DEALER but i had to go to one for the spare key,the cost 190 EURO.But considering the alternative if i lost my only key i was told by LEXUS that would cost 3,500 EURO.They said it would need new locks.new ignition,and a new ECU.WHETHER THATS TRUE OR NOT I WAS'NT TAKING ANY CHANCES.I PICKED UP MY NEW OEM O2 SENSOR TODAY AND ITS BEING FITTED THURSDAY MORNING HOPE THIS SOLVES THE ENGINE CHECK LIGHT PROBLEM.I RANG LEXUS YESTERDAY ABOUT THE VSC LIGHTS BEING ON AFTER THEY PROGRAMMED THE ECU TO RECOGNISE THE NEW KEY,HE ASKED ME IF THE ENGINE CHECK LIGHT WAS STILL ON AND I TOLD HIM I WAS GETTING THAT SORTED.HE SAID IF IT IS STILL ON AFTER I GOT IT SORTED TO CALL THEM IF THE VSC LIGHTS REMAIN,BECAUSE SOMETIMES THE ENGINE LIGHT BEING ON AFFECTS OTHER THINGS AS WELL,WHEN I TOLD MY MECHANIC HE SAID THAT IS COMPLETE BULL.BESIDES THAT,WHEN DRIVING THE CAR TO WORK ON TUESDAY I COULD HEAR THE BACK BRAKES MAKING NOISE SO I DROVE STRAIGHT TO A WELL KNOWN TYRE PLACE IN DUBLIN TO GET NEW PADS.THE GUY DRIVING MY CAR ONTO THE RAMP BURST MY FRONT TYRE AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD REPLACE IT WHICH THEY DID.I HAD 4 ALMOST NEW GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 TYRES ON BUT THEY REPLCED THE ONE THEY BURST WITH SOME CHEAP TYRE FROM SOME MANAFACTURER I NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE CALLED WAN LI OR SOMETHING,IS IT A BAD IDEA TO MIX DIFFERENT THREAD PATTERNS ON THE SAME AXLE.I READ SOMEWHERE BEFORE THAT IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED.I THINK I NEED TO GO BACK AND GET A NEW GOODYEAR OF THEM.SO U CAN SEE I HAVE HAD MY SHARE OF GRIEF IN THE FIRST WEEK OF OWNERSHIP.

BEST REGARD

MARK