Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Manifold

I think it was one of these kits that Dave got for his car and then they did whatever rework was needed to make it work for the UK model.

He's probably the perfect person for you to speak to mate - Prolex-uk on here :)

• 4 weeks later...

Mu turbo manifold was custom made by Mike (Roadrash) for his Lex before he crashed it. It is a tubular one where the turbo sits above. I think it mas modified from an IS300 one? I'm sure Mike can shed some more light on it. Actually he made a thread on his old IS200 conversion and has an in depth blog including pics of the work that was carried out on making the manifold. (Lots of painstaking work if I remember correctly)

SFX performance does a kit for the 1GFE engine with I think the GT28BB turbo for $2,875

Kit pt# is TUSLI2501E

Stat Racing also sell a complete kit for about $3000

Kit pt# LI25b1X

Import Performance in America sell the turbo kit pt# L125B1-EXT or if you just want the manifold the pt# is EXMAN-LEX01. Now just to get my hands on it.

well now I understand everybody here is tied up with theTTE supercharger, bolt-on power, safe and reliable and such... but jeffrosie here have found some turbo kits that I wasn't even aware they existed, and it seems nobody even care, or made a comment?

I admit I'm a noob, but I'v ebeen around long enought to know that turbo route most of the times means trouble with the 1g-fe, still I'm pretty surprised nobody commented on these turbo kits... considering the price, compared to the tte kit now sold-out (missed out also on the last five, my bad....) it just doesn't seem such a bad idea! or maybe I'm misjudging/missing some important thing?

I think most members do care!!!!

However there are relatively few turbo IS200 owners on this forum compared to S/C'd ones, so not a huge well of knowledge to dip into.

I think all the turbo owners have had their fair share of problems with the turbo route, whether it is down to the tuners not doing the job right or some other reason, it does seen funny that turbos = trouble with the IS200 engine. Best to ditch the 1g and get a 3SGTE :lol: and start planning the 500BHP conversion.....

I think turbo's the way forward. I have done a lot of research on this and feel that this is best forward for very high 200's / low 300's. I know about the choclate con rods. Pistons are ok for mid 200's. I will be going with a rebuilt 1GTE bottomend with a mildly flowed head, a Garrett GT28BB turbo on a cast manifold when I can get my hands on 1 and a 3" turbo back exhaust system with a sports cat. Management will be std ECU with a Greddy Emanage - works well on the Supra's, so why not with the IS200's. Idea is to get it mapped in stages upping the boost a little every time so that the final map will be clean and smooth.

thanks lexuxIT and Yeldarb

Yeah turbo is much better than the sc IMO and I have had them both. I considered the GTE bottom end before and also dropping a full GTE block into the IS.

If you are running standalone engine management I would advise using the complete GTE block. This way you will benefit from not having to open the engine on the basis you get a good block, you will have a proper metal inlet manifold instead of the fragile plastic unit used on the 1g-fe and you should be able to find a bolt on single turbo manifold for the 1g-gte head. You could even use the original twin turbo setup if you wanted on the gte.

Yeah you will loose the vvti but it gives minimal gains so I wouldn't se it as an issue. When I originally turbo'd my 1g-fe I didn't even use the vvti. It would have given an extra few BHP if even that.

I think turbo's the way forward. I have done a lot of research on this and feel that this is best forward for very high 200's / low 300's. I know about the choclate con rods. Pistons are ok for mid 200's. I will be going with a rebuilt 1GTE bottomend with a mildly flowed head, a Garrett GT28BB turbo on a cast manifold when I can get my hands on 1 and a 3" turbo back exhaust system with a sports cat. Management will be std ECU with a Greddy Emanage - works well on the Supra's, so why not with the IS200's. Idea is to get it mapped in stages upping the boost a little every time so that the final map will be clean and smooth.

thanks lexuxIT and Yeldarb

If you are rebuilding the bottom end and doing some work on the head, why restrict yourself with a small turbo to high 200's?

Mu turbo manifold was custom made by Mike (Roadrash) for his Lex before he crashed it. It is a tubular one where the turbo sits above. I think it mas modified from an IS300 one? I'm sure Mike can shed some more light on it. Actually he made a thread on his old IS200 conversion and has an in depth blog including pics of the work that was carried out on making the manifold. (Lots of painstaking work if I remember correctly)

Thanks buddy to mention my job on the manifold after so long time again ;)

Yes as Adie said, before I crashed my IS200T, I was planning to upgrade my GT28BB cast-iron-manifold

turbo system into some 400BHP monster, so I bought some IS300 tubular manifold with downpipe and all the gaskets,

I have sent an "AutoCAD" drawing via email to some machinery company with some CNC systems,

they cutted the IS200 flange out of a 15mm stainless steel plate with their plasma cutter.

It really was a bloody job to cut off the IS300 flange, cut.... turn.... and twist the pipes in their right position,

weld them onto the new flange, grind the weldings and polish the whole manifold again,

it took us around 3 days to make it perfect. :hehe:

But it seemed my eyes are working right, I have measured everything correct,

when I saw the manifold was fitting once! :D

Mike you could maybe offer your tubular manifold up to somebody who can produce a batch of them? In the same way somebody would make a replica manifold. I assume it is a case of making up a jig for the manifold and then you can produce as many as you want?? Might be of insterest to a few people as the only turbo manifold I know of for the IS200 is the cast one. Also in saying that I know of a few supra using cast manifolds for single turbos and running over 600bhp so they can be that bad.

Mike you could maybe offer your tubular manifold up to somebody who can produce a batch of them? In the same way somebody would make a replica manifold. I assume it is a case of making up a jig for the manifold and then you can produce as many as you want?? Might be of insterest to a few people as the only turbo manifold I know of for the IS200 is the cast one. Also in saying that I know of a few supra using cast manifolds for single turbos and running over 600bhp so they can be that bad.

I have offered and sold the whole "400BHP-package" (manifold, forged rods and pistons) to somebody

who was continuing and realizing what I was planning to do....

....that somebody is ADIE :D

-->

Mu turbo manifold was custom made by Mike (Roadrash) for his Lex before he crashed it.

;)

That's why I'm so glad his ride is finally running! B) :hehe: