Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Radio Stoped Working!


jayess
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a lexus is200 sport. The problem is the radio stopped working. All fm stations have no reception. Lw stations are ok. I checked that the ariel is still connected and it is! Anyone got any idea's what to do next? :shutit:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


you have checked the ariel is connected behind the stereo?

What ariel do you have on the roof, is it a long thick black one (ooo er mrs) or an aftermarket one?

Done any mods round the stereo region recently?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you have checked the ariel is connected behind the stereo?

What Ariel do you have on the roof, is it a long thick black one (ooo er mrs) or an aftermarket one?

Done any mods round the stereo region recently?

It's the original ariel and no mods have been done to the car or the stereo. The fm channels just lost reception.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


sounds like what happened to mine recently, I took it to a car audio shop firstly and they plugged a test aerial into the back, confirming that the fault was inside the stereo, left it with them for further testing, report was that the tuner module was dead. quote to repair was something silly (£160 IIRC). So I did some ebaying, bought another unit (ERR3 fault), pulled it apart, found the tuner module, swapped it with mine (few soldered joints, nothing major), reassembled mine and radio worked. unfortunately Ive disturbed something to do with the CD unit and got ERR 3 on mine now :( dammit!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


sounds like what happened to mine recently, I took it to a car audio shop firstly and they plugged a test aerial into the back, confirming that the fault was inside the stereo, left it with them for further testing, report was that the tuner module was dead. quote to repair was something silly (£160 IIRC). So I did some ebaying, bought another unit (ERR3 fault), pulled it apart, found the tuner module, swapped it with mine (few soldered joints, nothing major), reassembled mine and radio worked. unfortunately Ive disturbed something to do with the CD unit and got ERR 3 on mine now :( dammit!

I'll leave it in the audio shop to see what they say! Thanks for trying to help lads!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership