Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h Service Cost

First thing is first - never assume anything!

Definitely worth calling a couple of dealers and asking them what they do for the money. You may be surprised in not only the variation in the work done but also the price. Don't be afraid to haggle and be sure to give Lexus Hanley a call for their servicing prices as they are the best available. Then compare what you get and go from there.

You might also want to consider purchasing a Lexus Service Plan as it may work out cheaper - mine did!

Cheers man .

Yeh a know where you are coming from , but when i had my RX-8 it was fixed (roughly) from one dealer to another . So they could quote them all from 10k (£120) , 20k (£170) , 30k (£130) etc . I just wondered what i am in for ?

Jon .

Beware of paying in advance for a long-term service plan. Of all manufacturers, Lexus sales are down the most. I would not be surprised to see some dealers go into administration.

Beware of paying in advance for a long-term service plan. Of all manufacturers, Lexus sales are down the most. I would not be surprised to see some dealers go into administration.

And this is why you should buy a LEXUS Service Plan and NOT a dealer group one!

And this is why you should buy a LEXUS Service Plan and NOT a dealer group one!

Hmmm.... I tried that. I asked Lexus about buying a Lexus, not a Lexus-Dealer, service plan. This is what they said:

"Prices for Pre-paid service plans are available from your local Lexus centre, if you provide details of your postal code I will be more than happy to provide details of your nearest Lexus centre. As far as I am aware, I belive there are different service plans that are available, your email has come through to the Lexus contact centre and I am not trained on information on service plans. Thats why I suggested it would be best to contact your local Lexus centre. The sales staff will have training on the types of plans and can provide you with more information."

And that was from a chap described as a "Lexus Customer Account Advisor".

I gave up.

The Lexus Pre-Paid Service Plan can only be bought through your Lexus centre - its the way they have designed the product. You cannot buy it direct from Lexus. So you have to go into your local dealer and ask for this product. Many will steer you towards their own product - you just have to hold your ground.

It took me one phone call and one visit to my local Dealer to arrange. One of the best things I ever bought (after my RX) :D

The prices are fixed by the computer so it doesn't matter where you go to buy it. HTH?

• 1 month later...

RX400h at lexus Leicester is £227 inv vat for 10k service, which they don't do a great deal, oil and filter, check a few things and replace the aircon filter, that's it........far too expensive.

However they are going to respray the front bonnet as it's rusting (yes rusting) and also replace all 4 wheels as the paint is coming off, exactly the same as my last RX300.