Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Colour Coded Body Styling Kit

Sorry if this has come up before but i cant seem to find anything when using the search function :tomato:

Im just wondering if this can be bought at a Lexus dealer and fitted to an IS250 SE-L is this a factory only option? I originally thought that this was only available on the SR but the car ive seen it on is an SE-L currently for sale at the Cardiff Lexus Dealer

If it can be retro fitted, does anyone have any idea of the prices charged by the dealer?

Picture of the kit - Front

Picture of Kit - Rear

Thanks again

Francis

P.s Thanks for moving this mods!

Sorry if this has come up before but i cant seem to find anything when using the search function :tomato:

Im just wondering if this can be bought at a Lexus dealer and fitted to an IS250 SE-L is this a factory only option? I originally thought that this was only available on the SR but the car ive seen it on is an SE-L currently for sale at the Cardiff Lexus Dealer

If it can be retro fitted, does anyone have any idea of the prices charged by the dealer?

Picture of the kit - Front

Picture of Kit - Rear

Thanks again

Francis

P.s Thanks for moving this mods!

The complete kit can be retro fitted by the dealer to any of the 250's and all the kit bar the back panel on the 220D. I have the SE-L and fitted the kit myself after bringing the body kit back from the USA as at that time it wasn't available in the UK, so I'm sorry I have no idea what a dealer may charge to fit. The OEM kit I purchased was ready painted, but when it was made available in the UK it was in primer only. I'm not sure whether this is still the case, but if it is it will add to the cost. The front spoiler, the rear panel, and the boot lip all require drilling/slotting of the original panels to fit the kit. The sides are a simple replacement of the originals and do not require any modification to the original panels. The OEM kit is very subtle, but there are non-OEM kits available now if you want to look a little different than an SR.

Here's a link to one of the earlier posts on the subject and it includes a ink to some of the other options available http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=42129&hl=

Personally, I like the back view- the spoiler is great, and the rear bumper valance breaks it up and makes it lower looking. Not sure on the front flippers though...

The a$$ end already looks big enough, IMHO the rear add-on looks ugly. Fortunately we all have our own views/opinions.

gallery12031184jv0.jpgnewimage2qu8.jpg

Thanks for posting that pic of the slate car Tango... its just how mine would look, and I'll get a quote to get a rear spoiler fitted. The rear wing gives the car a bit of extra length at the back which makes it look sleeker. You're right, the rear valance doesn't add to it at all...