Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would This Wheel / Tyre Combo Work?

Ally

At the moment i have 17 x 8 wheels with 215/45/17 tyres. As the wheels are 8 inches wide the tyres are stretched and in my opinion they make the wheel look a bit smaller. Going off rolling radius, the tyre i should have is 225/40/17 but i don't think anyone makes this size (online tyre places always draw a blank). So i was thinking on buying 2 new front wheels at 17 x 7 and keeping the standard tyre size 215/45/17, and then putting 225/45/17 on the rear 17 x 8s. I have worked out that the rears would be 9mm larger in size then the fronts. I am also planning on lowering the car -30mm at some point soon. Do you think this sounds feasable, or am i wasting my time?

Any advice welcome.

thanks

Ally

At the moment i have 17 x 8 wheels with 215/45/17 tyres. As the wheels are 8 inches wide the tyres are stretched and in my opinion they make the wheel look a bit smaller. Going off rolling radius, the tyre i should have is 225/40/17 but i don't think anyone makes this size (online tyre places always draw a blank). So i was thinking on buying 2 new front wheels at 17 x 7 and keeping the standard tyre size 215/45/17, and then putting 225/45/17 on the rear 17 x 8s. I have worked out that the rears would be 9mm larger in size then the fronts. I am also planning on lowering the car -30mm at some point soon. Do you think this sounds feasable, or am i wasting my time?

Any advice welcome.

thanks

Ally

Yes it would work mate, what wheels you got on ? i thought you had standard lexus wheels ?

And yes you can get in that size, try my tyres :D

Ally! How are you mate?

Hi Aido, not too bad. The kids are keeping me busy. How are you doing?

still can't find any 225/40/17 tyres :blink: I think i'll just go for 225/45/17 on the rears.