Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Of Quick Questions

Andy-R

Fitted my HID's on new years eve and it was bloody freezin so basically just got them working and secured the ballast's abit rough, so was just wondering the best place to secure them and has anyone drilled into the engine bay to do this? as soon as the weather improves i'm going to move them and want to put them in the best possible place, also is it worth taping the connectors up as extra protection against moisture. :)

Fitted my HID's on new years eve and it was bloody freezin so basically just got them working and secured the ballast's abit rough, so was just wondering the best place to secure them and has anyone drilled into the engine bay to do this? as soon as the weather improves i'm going to move them and want to put them in the best possible place, also is it worth taping the connectors up as extra protection against moisture. :)

I'v got HIDs in both driving and full beam so got 4 balast to hide/store.

On the drivers side i'm gonna make a bracket that holds both one above each other.

As to the passangers side, thk im just gonna hide them inbetween the fuse box and under the head light it self.

As like you not gonna do anthing til its about +10c out side...

What Stevie says :)

Mine were stuck on for a couple of years with no problems.

Passengers side in the nook behind the ECU box - there's bare metal work to stick it to there, and the other one I just stuck on the drivers side wheel arch - had no probs :)

Mine came with sticky pads to use i wouldnt bother drilling and screwing them down you wouldnt want the car to rust in thoose places.

hid003.jpg

hid004.jpg

I cable tied the wires to the wiring loom of the car and as you can see just stuck the balasts on where there was a bit of space.

Right cheers guys, sticky pads or velcro it is then, think i'll still bolt them to something aswell tho just in case :whistling:

What about putting some tape around the connections to help protect against moisture has anyone else bothered to do this?