Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Car Tax Hike

GWilso

I know This has already been well discussed,

But.......Dirty Thieving rotten bar stewards

Is200s after (March 2001) will be paying £400+ from 1st April 09

My Tax is due end of March so if I buy a new disc in March Will I only be paying the current rate of £210??? I cant find anything on The gov.co.uk site someone else on here must be in the same boat.....?

Did I say

Dirty Thieving rotten bar stewards

Blimey! This makes me really glad I've got an import that never had a stated CO2 figure - well in actual fact I think it was discontinued because it's so bloody bad for it!

Found this:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...hicle/DG_172916

Scroll down to "How much will I have to pay under the new rates?" and there are a load there. Doesn't seem to be changing that much?

Mine is going to be £190 this year and £205 the year after - winner :D

OK maybe I'm reading this horribly wrong

If you read the parker page here http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/?deriv=16548

It suggets its only going up by £5 as its in group F 229-231 Grams of Co2

But if you go onto

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...hicle/DG_172916

229-231Grams of C02 falls into Band L which from 09 Looks to be £405?

It says it only applys to disks bought from the 1 April onwards.

So why don't you do it online the 14 days before - in theory you'd get the old rates going by their wording?

Unless they mean the new rates apply to tax disks with a date of 1 April onwards but bought prior to this?

Mine expires end of March so I will have to buy before 1st April hopefully at the old Rate.....it's just nice to know what I should be budgeting for?

Have I read it all correctly though can the dam car tax really go up that much?

So why don't you do it online the 14 days before - in theory you'd get the old rates going by their wording?

Unless they mean the new rates apply to tax disks with a date of 1 April onwards but bought prior to this?

If the car industry wasn't in enough trouble this should help hammer the nails in then. As far as i am concerned all hikes in car tax, mot and insurance cause is more illegal drivers they never price people of the road they just increase the criminals.

Fortunately i have an import so i don't have to go underground just yet :shifty:

Mind you the way this is going if you have a car thats over 1500cc soon they'll send death squads after you

Looks like imports or vehicles registered before 01/03/01 will still be taxed based on their engine size, but it doesnt say how much!!

Mine was first registered 29/01/01 and at the mo its £185 for the year, I presume it stays the same?

It says on there 190 this year and then 205 the year after :)

I thought the massive hikes had been shelved for a couple of years, are you saying everything I've read which confirms that is now wrong and it goes up to double? In which case I will SORN mine in March for a fortnight and then tax it again on march 31st, it will cost me a months tax ie £20 odd but save me £200!!!!

I thought the massive hikes had been shelved for a couple of years, are you saying everything I've read which confirms that is now wrong and it goes up to double? In which case I will SORN mine in March for a fortnight and then tax it again on march 31st, it will cost me a months tax ie £20 odd but save me £200!!!!

remember too it also goes on your reg date too this tax poop affects cars reg'd after 2001!me got a 99 hee hee!!

For the IS200, rates from 2009 will be £190 for cars registered up till 1st March 2001, £215 for later models.

Similarly, for 2010 it will be £205 for cars registered up till 1st March 2001, £245 for later models.

So later models are still more expensive but the increase is much less than originally proposed (was going to be around £400 in 2010 for later IS200s).

It's all here

Read this ive just taken it from the goverment website...

K*

201-225

£210

£215

£245

L

226-255

£400

£405

£425

M

Over 255

£400

£405

£435

* Band K includes cars that have a CO2 figure over 225g/km but were registered before 23 March 2006. These cars will stay in band K.

So we all stay in band K.....thank god..

Well spotted daz I missed that bit :unsure: thats a relief

Read this ive just taken it from the goverment website...

K*

201-225

£210

£215

£245

L

226-255

£400

£405

£425

M

Over 255

£400

£405

£435

* Band K includes cars that have a CO2 figure over 225g/km but were registered before 23 March 2006. These cars will stay in band K.

So we all stay in band K.....thank god..