Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer Service Costs (70,000)/7 Year Service

gall84

hi everyone my service is due in a months time,i just wondered how much i shoud be paying for this,and how much others had paid for this service.

last year i had my service and cam belt done,but looked on here before booking at prices people had paid,and when i rung the bromly branch to book,he qouted me 850,but after a little chat i mananged to get him down to 680,after telling him prices other branches were offering.

i just wondered how much people had paid so i can get a rough price,and know how much to haggle when i get my price :whistling:

ill be going to the new branch in sidcup,i recently had my MOT done here with a faultless service and great rx400 couresty car,quite quick too :winky:

thanks for help/advice im advance!!

Main dealer charge was £800 for 80k service but they quoted me the old charge which was £470 and they stood by that figure much to my relief.

It would be worth checking with your local Toyota dealer as they will use oem parts and after all it is a toyota :whistling:

Main dealer charge was £800 for 80k service but they quoted me the old charge which was £470 and they stood by that figure much to my relief.

It would be worth checking with your local Toyota dealer as they will use oem parts and after all it is a toyota :whistling:

yeah ill ask them,i was just curious as to how much it might be before i ring them up so ive got a rough guide,its only a minor service after all,but id like to keep the already existing full lexus service history up,i dont really need the courtesy car its just nice if its going for free and drive 'sensibly' :whistling:

Chris @ Lexus Sidcup (and formerly when they were Lexus Bromley) has looked after my IS200 since

I bought it. His staff have always taken very good care of me, but I think my next service will be my

last main dealer one as money is really tight. It is always worth a bit of a haggle first especially in the

current economic climate, what's the worst any dealer can do ? Say no ? :lol:

As an independant Albin Motors in Beckenham come highly recommended or try Cheaptoyotaparts

in Carshalton, as also do ToyotaGT just off the M3.

Asked the following Dealers for a price will show the prices when i get them

Liverpool -- £217

Chester ---- £237 + £10 For CC

Stockport --- £225.96

Manchester

Bolton

Hanley

think i ended up paying £198

Well it would be worth me driving to the northwest to get my servicing done at those prices. It must be the Cheltenham factor i guess but that is a hell of a difference oh hum :unsure:

At these prices it makes me question the real value of a full Lexus Service History to the next owner when a car is 7 years old. If was buying such a car, 6 years Lexus history and one year independent history would not disuade me at all and I would offer the same price. If you go to a good independent and ask him to use Lexus approved parts there should be no problems. I have been told that Lexus dealers obtain their parts from local approved manufacturers. Normally, they are not imported from Lexus Japan.

The only exception to this rule for me would be if you needed to replace a part that could have dire consequential losses if not done correctly. I'm thinking here of the cambelt.

hi

just thought id let everyone know the prices,i've booked it in at the lexus dealer in sidcup with the price of £290 inc vat and a courtesy car,did start at 350 but after a chat got him down to 290,so a slight saving,thanks everyone for the advice and help!!