Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Speakers

Been thinking of replacing the speakers in the 200. The front ones more so as I think I can hear a rattle or distortion every now and then. Had a quick peek online and most sites don't have a cross reference for a IS200. Some list the IS300 and some of those that list the 300 have no recommendations!

So whats your suggestions? What am I looking out for? Don't really wanna spend a huge amount but something thats a little clearer than the existing ones is what im after....

Also, what are they like to fit?

Cheers in advance!

:D

Seen these, will they fit? 204056271.jpg

Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they'll be sound mate 6.5in,(personally id go with components as thats what you have already)really easy to change just make sure the magnet on the back doesnt sit to deep but you can make adapters so no problem.i went for some mb quart's after speaking and hearing redz's they were £220 or something like that and really like them

Got Alpine Components in mine, work well for less than £100.

Obviously the more you spend the more likely tou are to get an improved soundstage.

Are you keeping the standard Head Unit and Amping these or staying with the standard set up ?

If you are keeping the standard Head Unit, anything over about £70-£80 wuld be a waste IMO.

yep 6.5", components..

the fitting with a decent mount is quite deep so pretty much anything will fit..

how much you want to spend??

i 'may' be upgrading to three ways in the near future so mine will be up for sale..

if you can wait until the meet you can listen to mine and aarons..

components are two seperate units, one tweeter and one midbase. gives a far better quality as each unit does the work over the frequency it needs

Got Alpine Components in mine, work well for less than £100.

Obviously the more you spend the more likely tou are to get an improved soundstage.

Are you keeping the standard Head Unit and Amping these or staying with the standard set up ?

If you are keeping the standard Head Unit, anything over about £70-£80 wuld be a waste IMO.

Yeah, i'll be keeping the standard HU and existing setup. Just wanna get a clearer/less distorted sound under medium to heavy power output, if that makes sense. With a component set do you need to replace the tweeters?

yep 6.5", components..

the fitting with a decent mount is quite deep so pretty much anything will fit..

i 'may' be upgrading to three ways in the near future so mine will be up for sale..

components are two seperate units, one tweeter and one midbase. gives a far better quality as each unit does the work over the frequency it needs

Not a huge amount, Im throwing money on a car I may not have in 12 months time, although I know their is nothing stopping me taking the speakers out. Is it difficult to replace the speakers or just a case of clipping off the bezel, unscrew several screws and out she comes?

yep 6.5", components..

Not a hug amount, Im throwing money on a car I may not have in 12 months time, although I know their is nothing stopping me taking the speakers out. Is it difficult to replace the speakers or just a case of clipping off the bezel, unscrew several screws and out she comes?

more like-door panel off,drill rivets out off speaker mounts ,put new speakers in,put door panel back on,job done more or less

I'm doing mine at the moment, so brought these so far to replace the oem ones, Gone for the Vibe componamts and matching set of 6x9's just sorting the amps out now to match the set up :)

VIBESPEAKERSET.jpg

They look nice!

Reckon I just want something plug and play...im getting lazy and can't be bothered with the tweeters. If the rear ones didn't take even more effort and didn't require adapters for the speakers to fix to, id do them as well.

yep 6.5", components..

Not a hug amount, Im throwing money on a car I may not have in 12 months time, although I know their is nothing stopping me taking the speakers out. Is it difficult to replace the speakers or just a case of clipping off the bezel, unscrew several screws and out she comes?

more like-door panel off,drill rivets out off speaker mounts ,put new speakers in,put door panel back on,job done more or less

Even thats making me think twice! :lol: Im guessing the door card is fixed at the handle and clips to the rest of the door? or is their plenty of other screws?

yep 6.5", components..

Even thats making me think twice! :lol: Im guessing the door card is fixed at the handle and clips to the rest of the door? or is their plenty of other screws?

2 screws the rest clips,seriously easy mate i did my whole system stripped out and put back in in a day,and that was messing about in summer getting sunburn

Noticed my front passenger side door one vibrates today and I'm on a bughunt to kill all rattles so I'm going to just replace that with the OEM one!

lol..

and you said your speaker days were done!!

Seriously, im sure you will get a better speaker for less than the oem ones... add to that a bit of blutack and your away!!

three way will require serious door mouldings to fit in mate and are quite expensive..

What you want is a set of two way components

spkrs

i had a set of these and the sounded great!!

Little more than I wanted to spend, I plan on getting my clutch done soon. Know I said Im not sure on how long im keeping the car but i'll be doing a road trip to France and surrounding so don't want that to go! Shame that Halfords site has just stopped working on me so can't show what I had in mind!

With a component set do you need to replace the tweeters?

I have these Alpine SPS-171A Components in mine

ALPINE-SPS-171A.jpg

I know of at least 2 other LOC members have them (both of those with the standard set-up, mine are amped)

Here is a pic of the Alpine tweeter inside the Lexus Tweeter grill

P3111395.jpg

With Co-Axials the tweeter will be in the bottom of the door, it won't sound anywhere near as good

as similar components.

BTW you should be able to get these now for about £70-£80 (more when I bought them :crybaby:

With a component set do you need to replace the tweeters?

I have these Alpine SPS-171A Components in mine

ALPINE-SPS-171A.jpg

I know of at least 2 other LOC members have them (both of those with the standard set-up, mine are amped)

Here is a pic of the Alpine tweeter inside the Lexus Tweeter grill

P3111395.jpg

With Co-Axials the tweeter will be in the bottom of the door, it won't sound anywhere near as good

as similar components.

BTW you should be able to get these now for about £70-£80 (more when I bought them :crybaby:

So, what are them black boxes Wozza? Where do they go/connect to?

Thinking about it, it makes perfect sense to have the tweeter exactly where the existing one is, im not sure why I thought otherwise :duh:

Im with you, so does the stock setup not have these? Or they do but its best to use the new ones? The stereo is about the only thing i've not played with...as you can probably tell!

Does the look of the tweet look any different to the OEM one? Or can you not tell its been changed?

Excellent, cheers dude. Will be hunting for these at a bargain price! Just out of interest.....how long did it take you to do? Im thinking if I sort something out before the meet I can appeal to everyones better nature in hope for a hand! ;)