Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi folks.i did post a question bout my dash not illuminating and looking on ere im not the only one.just got myself a 1 owner 1993 81,000miles full lexus history but the dash takes 15-20mins 2 light up.can sum1 put on 2 anybody 2 bring me some light on this subject.[parden the pun] my postcode hp3 9pp.many thanx david

This is a common problem on 1st gen LS400 models mate, do a search for capacitors/ dash lights and you will find all the info you need to fix this problem for about £1.50. Yes 1.50

thanx 4 reply but kinda hoping sum1 cud fix it 4me has not very gud wiv soldering and electrics

This is a common problem on 1st gen LS400 models mate, do a search for capacitors/ dash lights and you will find all the info you need to fix this problem for about £1.50. Yes 1.50

thanx 4 reply but kinda hoping sum1 cud fix it 4me has not very gud wiv soldering and electrics

Or the use of the english language... :lol:

Would imagine someone who has had this problem will be along shortly to offer some slightly more constructive advice :P

Or the use of the english language... :lol:

Would imagine someone who has had this problem will be along shortly to offer some slightly more constructive advice :P

thanx for your wise words hope you can understand this better...its the mobile phone texting in me....yes im hoping some-one can help me because its getting annoying now spesh in mornings not knowing how slow im going....lol

Chris Vince is the man..

many thanx...have just got his email addy and waiting on his reply...thanx too all who replied and maybe there might be light at the end of the tunnel....[soz couldnt resist that one ] keep up the work on ere

Beware!!! I would strongly suggest delivering your clock by hand. I posted mine for repair and it was damaged on it's way to the repairer. When it came back and I installed it the clock caught fire!!! I in effect paid £87 paid for a wasted repair. I ended up paying another £60 for a second hand clock. I haven't had this one repaired as yet!!! If you must send the clock by courier, make sure any damage is noted upon receipt.

Take the car to chris and he wil remove and repair and then refit for the all in price. He is in basingstoke about an hour from you and can recommend him very highly. He did mine and they are great.

thanx for advice.am taking car to chris this saturday

Take the car to chris and he wil remove and repair and then refit for the all in price. He is in basingstoke about an hour from you and can recommend him very highly. He did mine and they are great.

thanx for advice.am taking car to chris this saturday

many thanx to chris vince for sorting my dash lights out yesterday.very nice couple.once again thanx