Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Error 3 Code

tad2207

Bought my first Lexus IS200 a couple of weeks ago and love it, only trouble is that its now displaying error 3, and the radio sounds like the aerial has been disconnected, like crummy reception. If I press the load button nothing happens and when I press the eject button I get a long werring sound but nothing happens. One consolation, tape player works at treat. Can anyone help please??

You've got two separate problems there. The ERR3 means your CD mechanism has jammed. This seems to happen to all the head units eventually, they're notoriously unreliable. You might be able to get it working again but I would suggest just getting an aftermarket head unit. Don't buy a second-hand OEM head unit because it will end up going wrong in the same way at some point.

I'm in the process of replacing my head unit. There are details on the Audio/Video forum about what sort of fascias you can get for this, and what sort of cable you will need to make it work.

Don't know what the aerial problem is, could be a problem with the aerial amplifier, could be just it's not plugged into the back of the head unit. What sort of aerial do you have, is it the standard OEM one or has someone put a smaller "fin" type aerial on there ?

Please search in the audio section.

The CD player is knackered. and the reception isnt known for being great.

Your best bet is to replace the stereo with an aftermarket one.

Dj Wozza has a walkthrough to changing it. but it depends on your model for what harness you need.

We had this on our IS too. Took it back to Lexus as it was still under warranty, they had to take it out and send to Japan to get it fixed. Was a bit of a shame to drive around with a huge hole in the centre console til we got it back though!

Mum had a similar problem with hers too but hers wasn't bought from Lexus so she is just living without the cd now cause the rest of it still works.

Hi all,

Samething happened to me over the weekend. ERR3!. Call lexus and enq about the 5yr/100,000miles warranty and as suspected it is 5yrs OR 100k whichever comes first. Not bad my car is an X plate 2000, although i've only clocked up 62k. Quoted me anywhere bet, 400-700 quid to repair. :ohmy: new one would cost 1k plus. :sick: I was looking to replace it from ebay/salvage yards etc but as someone pointed out that will eventually go. So it looks like an after market for me.

• 7 months later...