Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Covers

Cous3

As the title says...........Engine covers, what have you got? How did you make it?

I'm looking for IS200 engines really to give me some ideas....put up your pics and how you did it please :winky:

Keith

Think theres only a few engine covers about, apart from the standard air box, or TTE one.

Theres the first one Aztecbandit made thats now on my car:

EngineCover-1.jpg

Aztecs new one is a similar design but with a Japanese style to it.

Then Bazza has a nice one, as does/did The Don.

Edit:

Bazza

car1.jpg

TheDon

cmdlexus__10_.jpg

Cheers guys, they all look good!!

I'm looking for something that I could use with my Prolex Induction pipe......guess I need to get out there with the cardboard to make a template?

Aztec, man that looks sweet, and I really like the way you carried the Rising Sun theme onto the alternator cover.....Sweet!!! How is your cover secured please?

Keith

I'm looking for something that I could use with my Prolex Induction pipe......guess I need to get out there with the cardboard to make a template?

Aztec, man that looks sweet, and I really like the way you carried the Rising Sun theme onto the alternator cover.....Sweet!!! How is your cover secured please?

Keith

I also need one that works with the Prolex induction kit :shifty: although i don't have the time to make it :crybaby:

i like bazza and the don engine cover...did they make it them selfs or bought them

TheDon made his one. I'm guessing that he also made Bazza's one, since it looks quite similar, but I'm sure someone will confirm/deny.

Bazza made his himself (with the help of yours truly) was the 1st one of its type at the time :winky:

Keith

I also need one that works with the Prolex induction kit :shifty: although i don't have the time to make it :crybaby:

Jason yours is being made as we speak :winky:

Keith

Drops on top of the engine mate by removing the oil cap putting it over the oil filler hole and then fitting the oil cap back on and it stays in place as its cut to the shape of the covers :) Got a newer vvti cover now (thanks Gord) so will be spraying that soon to go the oil filler side :D

Keith

Jason yours is being made as we speak :winky:

Thanks Chris but just the template will be fine if it becomes too much trouble! How's that clock holding up, has the ticking getting to you yet? :lol:

How's that clock holding up, has the ticking getting to you yet? :lol:

If you make another Jason, I have a home for it :D

Deal! I have a Spare one so its got your name on it mate! In fact its the same speedo cluster that i bought to create your stainless dials from! Will just need a couple of £ to cover the cost of the clock mechanism. :P

Jason :P

Recieved, very nice.

But think were off topic now lol

True!

Back on topic :P

I have always wanted to do a large engine cover that hides most of the stuff under the engine bay, ie wires, engine top but then have several pieces that clip together that continue the engine cover over the exhaust manifold etc.............all in carbon of course! :P

Jason :)