Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Head Unit

James S

Considering this head unit, anyone any thoughts on it??

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/produ...DX5022/details/

Looks great and the FITTING guide is very helpful. How much is it ?

Yeah I was just having a look at that too. With that and the guild I just got off Wozza, will be able to get it in and sorted at weekend! Winner!

its a nice unit and im a big fan of kenwood hu...

however for the money the JVC 810 has better spec..

jvc

it all depends on what you want it to do.. any plans for adding to the system in the future? have you considered if you also want sat nav?

Considering this head unit, anyone any thoughts on it??

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/produ...DX5022/details/

Looks great and the spec is the "dogs bits", what it doesnt do isnt worth having. My only concern would be the facia is not removable and such a great looking head unit is going to attract attention. If there were a blanking plate you could cover it with when you park up it might give you a little more protection from the smash and grab toe rag brigade.

Am liking the USB 2.0 conectivity on the kenwood, I have an ipod touch, so can stream videos from that. Which is a bonus. Seen the JVC in action, and the screen isn't as good. And the interface is cracking on the kenwood. Not to fused about Bluetooth, or sat nav, as I got sat nav on my phone and a Bluetooth headset. :)

Defo concerned about security, didn't realise that it didn't have face off. :(

Its the only upgrade in the stereo that will be visable too. b*ll*x

jvc

it all depends on what you want it to do.. any plans for adding to the system in the future? have you considered if you also want sat nav?

Going very basic on the sound system, don't want to add loads of weight with sub boxes and huge amps! So top line 6x9's on rear shelf powered by and amp, will provide bass, and already upgraded fronts to Vibe units. So doesn't need much connectivity. Just ipod really :D

jvc

Going very basic on the sound system, don't want to add loads of weight with sub boxes and huge amps! So top line 6x9's on rear shelf powered by and amp, will provide bass, and already upgraded fronts to Vibe units. So doesn't need much connectivity. Just ipod really :D

non of the kenwoods ahve a removeable face.. only the JVC has this.

There is no diff in screen quality between the JVC and Kenwwod but the interface is different, i also like the kenwood.

The JVC does have motion sensitive touch screen, ie a circular movement can turn vol up or down and also has a lot more connectivity and settings.

Its really down to which one you like best but to give you and idea of how much i liked the JVC, it gave the Kenwood 8220 a run for its money and thats a £1k unit!

cant go wrong with either really mate but if you ever did decide to make system upgrades the JVC is more future proof..

:D

jvc

non of the kenwoods ahve a removeable face.. only the JVC has this.

There is no diff in screen quality between the JVC and Kenwwod but the interface is different, i also like the kenwood.

The JVC does have motion sensitive touch screen, ie a circular movement can turn vol up or down and also has a lot more connectivity and settings.

Its really down to which one you like best but to give you and idea of how much i liked the JVC, it gave the Kenwood 8220 a run for its money and thats a £1k unit!

cant go wrong with either really mate but if you ever did decide to make system upgrades the JVC is more future proof..

:D

Can't argue with that really, must have been quality of the signal I saw on the JVC unit. Going to try pop back to shop before hand and try one out again.

Will let you know how install goes, and post some pics too. Cheers all

I've got the JVC AVX-810 and very happy with it. It does have usb but will not read an IPOD touch unless you make it audio output only and then control things via the touch i think. I also bought the Bluetooth unit with it. Couldn't stand those headset things. Also running a CD changer on it i found for £20. The touch sensitive volume control is a god send as you can do it without taking any attention away from the road.

I've got the JVC AVX-810 and very happy with it. It does have usb but will not read an IPOD touch unless you make it audio output only and then control things via the touch i think. I also bought the bluetooth unit with it. Couldn't stand those headset things. Also running a CD changer on it i found for £20. The touch sensitive volume control is a god send as you can do it without taking any attention away from the road.

B*ll*x! now i'm confused. might have to risk it and get the kenwood, try make a face plate or something to cover it when i'm not in the car. :(

JVC front does come off though, not that I ever do. And you have the option of screwing it in place too. Try taking a dvd along and testing both as then you will really be able to tell the screen quality. I'm not sure the Kenwood will be able to use the IPOD touch either as both HUs were made before it got made. From what i have read it is an apple problem they need to sort though.

yeah I think it is a problem a few manufacturers are having with apple changing things so frequently.

As mentioned above take one of your favourite DVD's along to test the Head Unit's you like,

then also take a favourite CD along to play the kind of music you like to listen to as well.

I like to use Monsters Inc (great test for the fine movement of the fur on Sulley), or Training Day is my

other fav test disc due to the fast moving action and testing dark night scenes.

Done some digging about, and ipod should be fine because its a phase one touch. Aparently its just the Iphone 3G and phase2 Itouch that i'd have issues with.

Go the adaptor plate this morning, and the kit includes everything I need to fit either a single or double DIN unit.

Now i'm tempted to go for a cheaper head unit, something like this

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/fusion-cai...ver-p-6729.html

just to keep the theifing scum away, my IS is parked on the street on a night. Also at half the price, and not paying for the expensive screen, can't see the sound being affected. After all, this is a car "stereo"! LOL

Any thoughts????

Done some digging about, and ipod should be fine because its a phase one touch. Aparently its just the Iphone 3G and phase2 Itouch that i'd have issues with.

Go the adaptor plate this morning, and the kit includes everything I need to fit either a single or double DIN unit.

Now i'm tempted to go for a cheaper head unit, something like this

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/fusion-cai...ver-p-6729.html

just to keep the theifing scum away, my IS is parked on the street on a night. Also at half the price, and not paying for the expensive screen, can't see the sound being affected. After all, this is a car "stereo"! LOL

Any thoughts????

the sound quality will be affected mate.

you also need to bear n mind that there is no cd player at all so u can inly use your ipod.

would be much better getting a unit with cd and ipod connectivity..