Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is...which Color To Get?

as some of u guys know, I've got a is 250 SE-L manual 56 plate in gold atm as per pic below. I'm thinking of getting a IS250 sport automatic 08 plate..Only problem is i'm undecided on the color..dont know if i'm going to miss my gold :( the only other colors i would get are white or brechin slate (light blue)..which do u guys think..or stick with my gold?

went into birmingham dealer other day and saw the is facelift..looks pretty nice. u dont notice much difference from the front and only thing at rear u notice is the light clusters. inside some material looks different like the central airvents-more sturdy. other than that..not much? and u cant get all the toys with cellensia seats on the facelift which is why i decided on a is250 sport..

This is a difficult one chandru as it's all down to personal taste. You want some feedback so here goes, out of all the colours availlable the last I would choose would be gold, so on that basis I would say 1.Brechinn Slate, 2.White, 3.Gold (with a whacking great discount).

Best of luck.

1.Brechinn Slate

2. Silver/Platinum ICE equivalent

BTW what are cellensia seats ?

Cellensia.seats.....arent they cloth/suede seats......give me leather anyday....why did they never do leather seats in the sport model......weird one that...its not even an option.. :crying:

Hi Chandru

Know your looking for 08, but you do mention the facelifted models, I thought they had ditched the Sport model for the facelifted IS....

I personally love the Cadoxton Slate

All the best

Matt

ya the sport is ditched in facelift..which is why im going just for a newer year/reg to mine..and having a auto sport instead of manual SE-L as it saves on tax too..and wife likes the cellensia more :)

dazz..the white i think its called "artic pearlescent" or something of that sort..

Hi Chandru

Know your looking for 08, but you do mention the facelifted models, I thought they had ditched the Sport model for the facelifted IS....

I personally love the Cadoxton Slate

All the best

Matt

ya the sport is ditched in facelift..which is why im going just for a newer year/reg to mine..and having a auto sport instead of manual SE-L as it saves on tax too..and wife likes the cellensia more :)

dazz..the white i think its called "artic pearlescent" or something of that sort..

Yeah thats the one Chandru ..ive seen the artic pearlescent one with the body kit and darker "18" alloys looked ace...

I would say light metallics...Brechin Slate is really good, as is the Caspain Sky

Even the Mesa Red is as dark as you can go (I know - I had one), and with the softness of the paint the whitish undercoat comes through every small stone chip or scratch, making the darker colours really dreadful after a few 000's miles...

The lustre of the dark paint is really good, and has serious showroom appeal, but to live with the darker colours is a nightmare....in the real world every bit of muck or scratch shows up like Cindy Crawfords mole

I am probably biased but I just love the Messa Red - looks the dogs bits when nice and clean, cannot beat it and attracts loads of comments.

However, as people have said, you see every tiny scratch and it gets very dirty extremely quickly

Have seen a few white IS's of late and must admit, they do look very nice indeed - would be tempted if I have another one in a couple of years time.......

anyone got a pic of a white IS250 with the oem sport wheels?? need to decide to keep my 18" hoshis or stick with the oem sport that will come on the vehicle..

also does the sport mode have a lower riding height than the se/se-l?

This is a difficult one chandru as it's all down to personal taste. You want some feedback so here goes, out of all the colours availlable the last I would choose would be gold

That's where I'd be as well. Think gold cars look terrible, but, different strokes for different folks.

Personally, although harder to keep clean, dark colours look best by far with clear lights, chrome etc...

For me

1. the strangely discontinued canterbury blue - beautiful in metallic when clean

2. caxondale slate

3. black

4. mesa red

def. not : white and gold, and probably not silver.

Well I'm clearly biased but I have to say Brechin Slate. My opinion hasn't changed in all the time I've owned the car - it looks really classy, and another bonus is that it doesn't appear to show the dirt (or scratches/chips) nearly as obviously as other colours. Just a shame the alloys get so dirty with brake dust so quickly. That's the absolute ONLY thing that bugs me about my car :crybaby: