Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nokia N96 : Transfer Phone Book To Car Memory

Hi there, I've been trawling the internet but thought I'd float this one in the LOC just in case.

My Nokia N96 will pair with my Lexus LS's factory fitted ML Bluetooth kit no problem but it will not let me transfer the phonebook from the phone to the car's memory. This could easily be a problem between the seat and the keyboard, so apologies if the answer is in front of my eyes.

Any ideas why? answers how would be gratefully appreciated, also it wont work, stop looking also appreciated.

SORTED !!! :winky:

Many thanks to TigerFish & gibbo37 !! It did help

QUOTE (TigerFish @ Jan 22 2009, 09:33 AM)

QUOTE (gibbo37 @ Jan 22 2009, 09:10 AM)

I'm not sure if this helps or not but I was able to transfer all of my contacts to my GS450h using a Nokia N95.

In the phonebook of my Nokia I was able to select all contacts and then send them as a business card to the car, I'm sure the car had to be in receiving mode too, which if I remember correctly is somewhere in the phone settings of the car??

I hope this helps.

Quite a few nokia phones seem to have this issue with Bluetooth car kits in general. My N95 is the same with the parrot ck3100 I have (my sony erricson works perfectly I just hate the SE so didn't want to keep it). The method mentioned above works for my setup too, select all contact and Bluetooth them to the car kit. Does mean that it won't automagically sync the contacts either so you would need to send them manually if you add any other contacts to the phone.

Using the information above go to phonebook, settings, transfer phone book, overwrite phonebook, message appears : " send contact info from phone !! it worked !! well pleased all two hundred contact and information transfered in less than 30 seconds.

Hi there, I've been trawling the internet but thought I'd float this one in the LOC just in case.

My Nokia N96 will pair with my Lexus LS's factory fitted ML bluetooth kit no problem but it will not let me transfer the phonebook from the phone to the car's memory. This could easily be a problem between the seat and the keyboard, so apologies if the answer is in front of my eyes.

Any ideas why? answers how would be gratefully appreciated, also it wont work, stop looking also appreciated.

I had a similar problem with my Samsung , paired OK, worked OK , but could not transfer numbers.

Another poster suggested Sony Ericsson's usually worked, I had an old one lying around so transfered my numbers to this, and from this to the car, and it worked a treat.

Andrew

My Nokia N96 will pair with my Lexus LS's factory fitted ML bluetooth kit no problem but it will not let me transfer the phonebook from the phone to the car's memory. This could easily be a problem between the seat and the keyboard, so apologies if the answer is in front of my eyes.

I had a similar problem with my Samsung , paired OK, worked OK , but could not transfer numbers.

Another poster suggested Sony Ericsson's usually worked, I had an old one lying around so transfered my numbers to this, and from this to the car, and it worked a treat.

Andrew

Hi Andrew, thanks for the heads up. I still have my old phone but suspect it to is not capable of the task iether. I originaly bought it from a Mr Flintstone, should I remember correctly Bluetooth was still just a twinkle in someones eye back then.

Be careful out there !!

Mike S

I'm not sure if this helps or not but I was able to transfer all of my contacts to my GS450h using a Nokia N95.

In the phonebook of my Nokia I was able to select all contacts and then send them as a business card to the car, I'm sure the car had to be in receiving mode too, which if I remember correctly is somewhere in the phone settings of the car??

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.

Quite a few nokia phones seem to have this issue with Bluetooth car kits in general. My N95 is the same with the parrot ck3100 I have (my sony erricson works perfectly I just hate the SE so didn't want to keep it). The method mentioned above works for my setup too, select all contact and Bluetooth them to the car kit. Does mean that it won't automagically sync the contacts either so you would need to send them manually if you add any other contacts to the phone.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks indeed, this gives me some hope and something else to try.

I hope this helps.

Thank you thank you Thank you !!! much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links