Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In Car Tv Aerial?

Any of you guys know what the best TV aerial is for a car? Dont really want the limo boomerang type one unless you can get one in carbon fibre :D

My car TV tunes in to the usual 5 channels but the pic's not the best so thought i'd ask to see what you guys are using, if you are that is? :unsure:

Any of you guys know what the best TV aerial is for a car? Dont really want the limo boomerang type one unless you can get one in carbon fibre :D

My car TV tunes in to the usual 5 channels but the pic's not the best so thought i'd ask to see what you guys are using, if you are that is? :unsure:

think the best one is a cko aerial mate.. i will get the model no for you tommorow..

freeview or analog

think the best one is a cko aerial mate.. i will get the model no for you tommorow..

freeview or analog

Analog at the moment mate but might get a freeview box for it soon :) Cheers matey :)

• 2 weeks later...

I hav jap nav in my car, not really any use 2 me, how would i go about gettin the TV on it, all the channels are just snowy

I think you'd need to get a new TV tuner as I doubt the Jap one would pick anything up here

Wheres the best place to stick a TV aerial guys? i've got one that came with the unit and does seem to work ok and was quite tempted to fit it where the radio aerial is on my car,( i never listen to the radio anyway) could do with a good amplified one?

Are the incar digital boxes any good?? :unsure:

Wheres the best place to stick a TV aerial guys? i've got one that came with the unit and does seem to work ok and was quite tempted to fit it where the radio aerial is on my car,( i never listen to the radio anyway) could do with a good amplified one?

Are the incar digital boxes any good?? :unsure:

I've got one of the eBay jobbies that was about 40 quid mate, single tuner though so only works when you're in an area that can receive Freeview and you're sat still!

You can get the dual tuner ones that work much better at speed, but they're much more expensive.

My aerial is just sat on the rear shelf now, I have got one on the roof but need to figure out how you bastardise the connection to fit the RF connection as that will probably help a bit.

They do seem to have a very low audio output volume though, I didn't think mine was even working until I ramped the headunit up to past the 12 o'clock position and you could hear it then!

Here we go fella, this is the exact one I got:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Digital-DVB-T-TV...%3A1|240%3A1318

Another problem I get is that I've got the limo tint on the back as that doesn't help the aerial at all I don't think from what I read?

Got quite a few channels when I was up in Hull the other week though so at least I know it does work now :D

I hav jap nav in my car, not really any use 2 me, how would i go about gettin the TV on it, all the channels are just snowy

I think you'd need to get a new TV tuner as I doubt the Jap one would pick anything up here

Where is the Tv tuner tucked away about? and also whats recomended as a replacement?

I emailed a place a while back who told me they i could drive in, then drive out with full working freeview TV but they wanted silly monies, i prefer doing things myself anyways i just dnt have 2 much knowledge with electricals.

Give me a tool set and ill fix it but show me complicated electricals and i will cower in fear :crybaby: