Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sky Keeps Reporting Me To Ebay

Saraj

Hi,

As some of you know I manage to get some Pay Once Watch Forever for SKy TV cheap, and put them on eBay,

I sold two and got two left.

However Sky has reported me twice to eBay and both listings have been removed.

The first report was all about copyright, and in the listings I did copy and past most of it from Sky,

So I relisted more appropriatly, and claimed in the adver that i dont need it, as it was given as a present, with nothing else and a link to skys website

also took my own pictures instead of theeres, but still got reported and eBay removed with the following email:

Dear r4za129(ebayaccount@ulldin.com),

Thank you for your recent Fixed Price listing on eBay. Unfortunately, your item(s) breached one or more of our policies and had to be removed from the site. Any associated fees have been credited to your account and any bidders on this item have been notified.

170294492233 - Pay Once Watch Forever - Sky Box, Dish, Digital TV

because BSkyB Limited (British Sky Broadcasting) reported it to us for violating their intellectual property rights. When eBay is notified by a rights owner of an intellectual property rights infringement, eBay must remove the item in order to meet certain legal requirements.

Why did we remove your listing?

You may not list unauthorised copies of media on our site because selling them is both illegal and against eBay policy. Unauthorised copies include (but are not limited to) backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies of software, video games, music, films, television programs, photographs and books, both published and unpublished.

Copyright owners possess the exclusive right to reproduce their copyrighted work, to distribute copies of their copyrighted work, and to perform or display their copyrighted work publicly.

Guideline: If the product you are selling is a copy of another work that you aren't authorised to copy, don't list the item. You may not list pirated or unauthorised copies of media material on eBay. Selling pirated or unauthorised copies of media material is a breach of copyright law.

For more information copy this link into a new browser window:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/repl...ounterfeit.html

The rights owner reported the following information:

Broadcast materials transmitted by BSkyB Limited are protected by the law of copyright in the United Kingdom. Unless you are authorised by BSkyB to re-broadcast or otherwise communicate to the public its broadcast materials, BSkyB considers you to be in breach of its intellectual property rights and therefore acting unlawfully.

In order to avoid future action against you by BSkyB, we ask that you please refrain from continuing to offer for sale goods and/or services that purport to make available BSkyB's broadcast materials for free.

Questions about the specific violation should be addressed to BSkyB Limited (British Sky Broadcasting)

You can send an email to: sky@ipinfringementsemail.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, please visit the following Help page:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/programs-vero-ov.html

Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members and participants in the VeRO (Verified Rights Owner) Programme, and we rely on these reports to help keep eBay a safe and reputable place to buy and sell.

What do you think? have there got a point, or is there a way around it.

I know its a bit cheeky but all it is Sky dont like the fact that im selling them cheap and there selling them as full price on eBay aswell

Thanks

In the email from eBay, it says to contact sky, so i did and got this reply:

Regarding item(s):

170294492233 - Pay Once Watch Forever - Sky Box, Dish, Digital TV

Dear eBay Seller,

We are emailing regarding your enquiry relating to the recent item you posted on eBay.

Broadcast materials transmitted by BSkyB Limited are protected by the law of copyright in the United Kingdom. Unless you are authorised by BSkyB to re-broadcast or otherwise communicate to the public its broadcast materials, BSkyB considers you to be in breach of its intellectual property rights and therefore acting unlawfully.

In order to avoid future action against you by BSkyB, we ask that you please refrain from continuing to offer for sale goods and/or services that purport to make available BSkyB's broadcast materials for free.

If this response answers all questions you have in relation to the removal of the said item/s please do not reply to this message, however if you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Internet Investigations Team

So basically the same as the email from eBay, so i sent an reply saying what can i do to be able to sell it legally.

see what there reply

Sounds a bit pathetic really IMO, what are the other E-Bay sellers saying that you aren't ?

the only other seller selling these is Sky themself lol probally cause there crackdown on everyone, ill find a way around it