Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wireless Router

Ellz

Hi guys my belkin router has died again 4th time. Really fed up now so instead of long phone call complaining to Virgin media again im just going to buy a good one.

Load of my mates have got netgear ones and ive found these ones on eBay which seem really cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NETGEAR-WGT624-WIREL...8#ht_1743wt_907

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Netgear-WPN824-Range...8#ht_3300wt_907

Just wondering peoples opinion on them or what people use or would buy themselves.

Cheers

lol i would recommend the Belkin one as i have had loads of problems with Netgear but with your experiance with belkin dont think you would get one.

but out of those the second one

What belkin one have you got ?

Maybe ive just got a really **** one LoL

Can't go wrong with Linksys. I have the WRT54GR and it's never faulted me once, even spending all of its life of nearly 2 years I think next to a radiator. Never needed a reboot or anything.

They really are reliable bits of kit.

Work with Virgin well too.

Can't go wrong with Linksys. I have the WRT54GR and it's never faulted me once, even spending all of its life of nearly 2 years I think next to a radiator. Never needed a reboot or anything.

They really are reliable bits of kit.

Work with Virgin well too.

Got to agree with you, I have the same Linksys bit of kit on Virgin and it's been faultless.

to be honest any router would suit you fine if you on 20mb, the router only counts when you transferring files between computers

i got the Belkin N router on cable as well with virgin, only because of its speed, as i trnasfer files from my HD which is connected to it, to my laptop wirelessly.

then have a wiress adaptor for the tv so watch all my programmes of the laptop on my tv wirelessly.

my recommendation is the Belkin N router, it wont break the bank and ideal for the near furture. and alot more stable then the previous ones, if you got cash to splash out then the Belkin N Vision router, is ideal as it will tell you whos connected and what speeds you getting on the actual router