Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Nice Saturday Evening!

hammer5

sorry to see this

one of my vans had all its windows smashed on sunday night, as did another seven cars along the same road

totally pointless exercise as nothing was taken

just causes a lot of hassle

ye sucks....but i must have been lucky!!! only my car got smashed :(

The chavs are hanging around where I am at the moment and keep having to be chased away at 4am - they're either after mine, the neighbours Porsche or Jag or the old Toyota 4x4s on the road.

I can't see them being after mine out of that lot :lol:

I know how you feel, the same thing happened to me ( and a dozen others) a few years ago at a hotel on the outskirts of Nottingham they put both passenger windows through and got nothing.

Despite frequent requests from my other half to attend Motown/Northern Soul ( OK I'm 50 in about 8 weeks!) events there I won't go as it has such a bad reputation ( discovered this later) even though they have "regular patrols" and CCTV

This was on an old Citroen XM with only TPFT and I managed to get replacement glass secondhand from a local dealer.

Still a PITA to do though and I was still finding glass a year later.

Hopefully you can get the glass from a breakers with most people being fully comp there may be less demand for them.

Anyway I'm gutted for you

Which hotel was that Steve as I'll make sure to avoid it!

It is the Nottingham Gateway Hotel just off the A610/Cinderhill roundabout.

There we were enjoying a Motown evening with the meal when the DJ announces "would the owners of the following cars please go to reception"

Needless to say a group of us found our cars with windows through this is despite their "security" of walking patrols and CCTV.

Hotel of course denied liability ( don't they always) and the police never even got back to me.

Ruined a good night as we left straight away.

No way I'm taking my Lexus there!!!

Sorry to see this mate.

I had my front passengers side door window replaced by Autoglass before Christmas, someone tried to break my window aswell. The window didn't break but a brick shape print was left on the glass that couldn't be polished out. (I have fully comp. insurance, so I only needed to pay my excess)

Autoglass told me that the glass itself is about £92 plus VAT from Lexus. If I didn't claim off my insurance Autoglass would have charged me £55 plus VAT for fitting, so I don't know where they are getting the figure of £500 from?

If it helps there are 5 IS200's being broken on Fleabay at the moment just type Lexus is200 breaking to find them ( one appears to have tinted windows which maysave you money having the new ones redone)

Sorry to hear about this mate, lee valley's not far from me and it's definitely a lot dodgier than it was a few years ago..........

If yours is a Sport, you'll need the factory tinted rear quarter so that'll probably be a little more expensive...........

These little pieces of S :tsktsk: T need a good beating then shooting in the Bo :tsktsk: ocks, really pi :tsktsk: es me off when peoples cars are messed with, if someones got a problem come and see me face to face so I can kick your head in don't mess with my car, and even worse some baghead thinks they have the right to smash your window and nick your stuff to feed there dirty habbit, should be drowned the f :tsktsk: kin lot of them B :tsktsk: ards.

These little pieces of S :tsktsk: T need a good beating then shooting in the Bo :tsktsk: ocks, really pi :tsktsk: es me off when peoples cars are messed with, if someones got a problem come and see me face to face so I can kick your head in don't mess with my car, and even worse some baghead thinks they have the right to smash your window and nick your stuff to feed there dirty habbit, should be drowned the f :tsktsk: kin lot of them B :tsktsk: ards.

I am in complete agreement, but when my beemer got keyed i got told off for putting a sign in the window asking for information and stating there would be no police involvement. Did stop any of my cars from ever getting touched again though when i lived in the street.

Back on topic have you checked your policy for glass cover? not sure if its just on fully comp but if you do get it on TPFT its not classed as a claim

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links