Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 220d has reached 75000 after 33months, Still on the same brake pads but on Monday braking was a totally different matter, it was as if I was on ice. Luckily Lexus Bristol got me booked in on Wednesday with Courtesy car (strange it takes 2 weeks when its a service).

Upshot of it was that the front discs were badly lipped (worn) and the rear Calipers were beginging to seize. Overnight stay and the lease company are light of £1000 (yes one thousand squid)! Thank god it was not my car!!!!!!!! £350 for the front discs and £560 for the rear callipers and new pads. Good job that the front Callipers did not need doing as I suspect the full bill would have been over £1500.

So, if the callipers break at 75,000 miles then there could be some expensive bills for those without warrenty!

after all the highly discussed problems I got rid of my 220 A few months and went back to the old IS200,

I felt that lexus wern't offering me a great PX deal but guess what the car was reaching 69,000 and needed discs and pads all round so I think I made the difference in PX in savings even if they were sending the car to auction :whistling:

My 220d has reached 75000 after 33months, Still on the same brake pads but on Monday braking was a totally different matter, it was as if I was on ice. Luckily Lexus Bristol got me booked in on Wednesday with Courtesy car (strange it takes 2 weeks when its a service).

Upshot of it was that the front discs were badly lipped (worn) and the rear Calipers were beginging to seize. Overnight stay and the lease company are light of £1000 (yes one thousand squid)! Thank god it was not my car!!!!!!!! £350 for the front discs and £560 for the rear callipers and new pads. Good job that the front Callipers did not need doing as I suspect the full bill would have been over £1500.

So, if the callipers break at 75,000 miles then there could be some expensive bills for those without warrenty!

But it's a three year warranty (36 months)? As I stated on another post, my rear calipers were seized and it was found by Lexus Cheltenham on its first M.O.T which was 36 months + 1 day. Cheltenham said it was a common fault and will probably be a general Lexus re-call, and after checking with Lexus GB fitted a brand new set of calipers and pads under warranty. I only paid for the M.O.T.

Ah, but the other side of the warrenty is 60,000 miles and I am well past that!

But it isn't a warranty issue anymore, going by that Lexus customer satisfaction form. Don't know why it isn't a TSIB, anyone know the difference?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links