Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jonny70

Hi Guys, just introducing myself, Im Jonny 19 and looking to buy a lexus IS 200 in Black.

Any information on common faults, things to look out for when buying and cost of services, common repairs would be much appreciated.

Below is link to pics of my current car wich is getting sold - I know most of you probably wont like it as its the opposite of a Lexus as its very small and very euro. But anyway take a look.

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk180/J...de%20and%20Joy/

Welcome to LOC :)

Nice Arouser you've got there :lol: My mate has one, been nicknamed the Arouser since he had it since the girls seem to like the back seat :lol:

If you're looking for one around the 6 years / mark with anything from 60k to over 100k miles just make sure it's had the cambelt done recently and if possible things like the tensioners, idler and water pump as if you have to replace any of those it can cost a bomb in labour!

I had one for a few years before selling it just over two years ago now!

Economy is mixed really, it's fine on the motorways but it plunges for city driving - it's an old style engine so not designed to be economical, more smooth really.

Comfort wise it's good - nice ride as standard in the standard cars and the Sports, bit of body roll but you can always get rid of a lot of that with lowering springs and uprated antiroll bars. The handling is good as standard but great once they've been fiddled with!

Reliability wise it's good as it's made by Toyota and the Japanese are usually good for stuff like that anyway - look after it and it'll look after you! What sort of milage are you after?

As for performance it's ok, comes alive when you keep the revs above 4000rpm, from a standstill it's not the quickest of cars but they're good on the motorways. the 200 is about 153bhp and the 300 just over 200bhp. Either can be supercharged or turboed if you're really after performance out of it but saying that these aren't the car to buy if you really want to get a lot out of it as it can cost a fortune!

The 300 is quicker but an auto box only, whereas the 200 is available in manual and auto versions. If you like auto boxes that's not a problem but a lot of people seem to prefer the manuals.

Good luck anyway :)

Thanks for that looks like some coilovers are in order then. The one i might be getting it's my gf's brothers and its 90K with full service history totally standard bar a £400 dvd player he baught last week. he wants £3000 for it, Does that seem reasonable? the bodywork looks to be in mint condition and sounds sweet as a nut.

To be honest fella I'm not really up on rates but that sounds like a really good price to me :D

See what you think of the handling before ordering the coilovers but it really does go well :)

In the time I had mine I had the standard Sport suspension - then the TTE coilovers, and then a suspension with Eibachs on it! The coilovers outdid the lot but you do lose some comfort with those but if that doesn't bother you then go for it ;)

To be honest fella I'm not really up on rates but that sounds like a really good price to me :D

See what you think of the handling before ordering the coilovers but it really does go well :)

In the time I had mine I had the standard Sport suspension - then the TTE coilovers, and then a suspension with Eibachs on it! The coilovers outdid the lot but you do lose some comfort with those but if that doesn't bother you then go for it ;)

I know what you mean mate, My arosa is decked on weiteks about 120mm and is totally not comfy whatsoever, i can feel every bump but i can just sling it into corners.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links