Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Importing An Aristo

japanese lowrider

@UKLEX - Sounds like the right thing to me mate, and I know its not really any of my business but have you said GS300 Twin Turbo Import or just GS300 Import. Reason I say that is because we can have a GS300 non-turbo imports too (like UK GS300). The Altezza's are like that too, with the AS200 being similar to the IS200 and then the RS200 with the 4-pot Beam engine and more power. :)

@Gord - Does sound to me mate like that Aristo you went to see is dodgy then. I thought that even if the logbook says GS300 as long as the actual chasis code says JZS161 we know its still legit. Sounds to me that if the VIN plate was changed then something is amiss. Maybe it was a stolen car in Japan etc. What does the seller say? Bet their is no way to trace the history then? :(

@Anees , i see your point but when mentioning to insurers that its an import they should ask the relevent questions dont you think? i mean they shouldnt expect everyone to know a great deal on cars like us LOL, for arguments sake i could just be someone who dont know anything about cars but just bought the car and want to insure it and all i know that it is lexus gs300 but was told its an import to explain the toyota bits here and there

The insurance world could do with a bit of a kick really in general from all the dealings I've ever had with them - and touch wood I've never had to make a claim yet in the last 8 years of driving so I'm dreading that as I hear it's the worst bit!

Guess it is actually difficult with the huge amounts of imports out there and varying specs but shame they don't come up with a checklist for a foreign import so that both they and the customer could be 100% sure of where they stand at the end of the day!

yeah your right Aido , another thing has just come to mind , they can even turn proper technical on you .for example if it was the otherway round and was insured as an aristo they could say "we have to go by what the v5 says " then what? either way you cant win

my renewal is up soon so will see what happens this time if i havent sold her by then

so whats on your v5 then aido?

Just says Toyota Saloon :lol: Went to one of those mega MOT centres last year near me and they turned me away as they didn't know what to put in the system!

BTW got the bonnet sorted today mate, was that cable :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links