Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

Andy-R

Insurance is due in a few weeks, just had a quote off who i'm using at the mo and it's going up by over £100 :ohmy: not a chance i'm paying that, was just wondering who uses what company and what there like, i've had a few quotes off these comparison sites and they undercut the renewal by miles, any feedback on company's is mucho apreciated so i've an idea of where to look and what to expect.

admiral..

£190 protected no claims fully comp etc

although i might be classed as an old nacker :whistling: 40+ :crybaby:

They all shove the renewal price up but usually drop if you ask them to match a quote from someone else...

I was with Performance Direct for 2 years then last year changed to A Plan.

This year had a quote from Sky Insurance at £300.00 Fully comp protected NCD.

A Plan matched this so stayed with them.

When the quote came from Sky the make and model of the car was handwritten (Toyota/Celsior) and the quote was given as a Lexus LS400. Also not sure where the 20% savings come into the deal

If I was unscrupulous I would change all the badges and declare it as an LS400 but won't as it is a Toyota on the log book although there is no model stated and I want to ensure I have cover for what it is.

Having said that as the logbook doesn't give a model I may just ask for a quote on a Toyota next time and when they ask the model say I don't know it doesn't say, maybe a Yaris, be OK until they ask the engine size!

With admiral too, best price for me by a mile, but it really does vary company to company depending on where you live and your age etc.

Need to try every company and see which comes up with the best price for your circumstances.........

I'm with Directline til March, just checked a few others for quote.

Directline = £216, with wife having a bump, Fully Comp, NCD Protection, £250 excess. with car hire

Admiral = £174 with same as above with £150 excess. no car hire.

E-sure = £214 as above with car hire.

Oh how i love NOT being young.

Cheers guys, will defo be giving Sky a call, hopefully they can sort us out a good price even tho i've 6 points and a couple of non fault claims, don't fancy direct line was with them a few years back and they didn't do courtesy cars so unless that's changed then there not an option as I can't be without a car. Got a decent quick quote off Adrian Flux aswell but didn't tell them all the facts so will see what they can do aswell.

I tried a few of the comparison sites yesterday and most of them didn't even know what an Aristo was and the one that did only gave me three quotes at stupid prices :crying: