Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now These Are What I Call Window Tints

aido

He reckons he can see out of it!

It is in Arizona so I guess it's brighter out there - must be hard work at night though - I've got limo on the back window and that can be a pain at times at night when reversing!

Reason cops pull you for dark tints is it's extremely dangerous ... pulling across a crossroad at night years ago my brother had dark windows on his Astra and i was in the passenger seat when a biker zoomed past ....neither of us saw him , another split second and he would have come through my window :o .... we got such a shock that the tints were removed the next morning ...

The backs and rears were done on mine when I got it - think it was like this from Japan, whereas the fronts I got done lightly smoked at Tint-R in Nottingham to balance it out a bit. I do prefer it as they make a big difference on a sunny day in terms of the temperature in the car as well as allowing you to see easier in bright daylight.

That does look cool :)

I had a Toyota 4x4 as a rental in the US and it had B-Pillar back tints (privacy glass) and I have to say it made it almost impossible to see anything out of the back window at night - all you see are headlights and not really anything else.

I actually found myself not really using the rear view mirror or the back window after a while - don't think I'll ever get tints (on the rear window anyway) as it really reduces visibility and if you're someone who drives briskly ( :whistling: ) you really need visibility at all times.........

You get used to them on the back when driving at night, in fact I massively prefer it for motorways and stuff now as it cuts glare down massively, something I notice as soon as I drive another car!

Worst bit with dark tints in the back is trying to reverse - that's usually a window down job as I don't have reversing sensors!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links