Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reducing Wind Noise - Where Can I Buy This Foam Tube?

aido

good find mate..

you could try a bead of silicone but that needs time to cure.. its an old trick we use in car audio to help get a better seal on windows etc..

maybe screwfix direct or similar? let me know if you find some as i will try it too..

EDIT thiniking about it cant you use door isulation stuck to the frame..

Now there's an idea - and I just so happen to have 2 metres of 4,5 & 6mm of it in the car which I was going to use for vacuum lines - any that's left I might try it!

Now there's an idea - and I just so happen to have 2 metres of 4,5 & 6mm of it in the car which I was going to use for vacuum lines - any that's left I might try it!

If you try the silicone tube mate just put a bit of washing up liquid on the tube and it should help it slide in very easy :)

Help me out, where you sticking this? Through the door gasket?

Inside the rubber door seal mate :)

I thought so, just didn't want to presume. You getting alot of wind noise Aido? From the car that is. Must admit my drivers door sound terrible at high speeds. Maybe I should invest in some new seals or another solution myself.

Not a lot mate, just a bit through the drivers window - if you drop it by about a mm it's fine but after seeing that topic in the USA I'm wondering if it's just where the rubber seals are getting old - going to try this foam thing as a matter of interest :)

All part of my mission to quiten it down - getting there as have killed four sources of rattles in the last two weeks :)

The sub was gone so replacing that sorted the worst of it, then removed the TV aerial completely which rattled in the roof lining, then the factory GPS cable resonated at certain frequencies so that's gone and the steering column cover was missing a screw and you could hear it vibrating at speed :)

PMSL @ redz :lol:

Yep you can get that stuff at B&Q, I got some a while back for the windows on my apt (windows can't be replaced due to the buildings status) to seal up the gaps.

I've actually noticed a rise in wind noise on my car and was thinking about having the seals replaced next time it was in the dealers but this might be a more cost effective solution, let us know how you get on with it :)

:lol:

It must be something in the water round here making us Derbyshire lot stink!

My car's at the garage for a couple of weeks now so won't have chance to try this for a while but from what the US guys are saying it sounds like it does work quite well :)