Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking at the Lexus site in the UK the 0-62 time is 5.9 secs.

Looking at the Lexus site in the USA the 0-60 time is 5.2 secs.

Any idea why the extra 2 mph takes 0.7 secs? Doesn't seem right to me.

Malc

US cars often have different performance specs due to the differing emissions regs and poor quality fuel - however this isn't explained by why the car is faster, and to such a great degree as well.

Both seem to have 340hp so it gets even more confusing..........

The hybrids have a CVT though don't they Aido? Although I'm not one to really understand how they work so I guess there could be differences between the transmissions in different countries.......

Not sure as the GS450h is a CVT box, however, I think it does change the final drive ratio at around 60mph - you can feel the change as you cross the 60mph barrier. Maybe that causes it. I don't know.

Malc

US cars are also tested with the weight of only the driver - here they use weight of 2 passengers I believe? Also they test with half full tank of fuel instead of full.

Also, but this is just a guess, they test in hotter temperatures on a dry track?

Looking at the Lexus site in the UK the 0-62 time is 5.9 secs.

Looking at the Lexus site in the USA the 0-60 time is 5.2 secs.

Any idea why the extra 2 mph takes 0.7 secs? Doesn't seem right to me.

Malc

Hi

Just my 2p worth..... Us gallons are different to ours, their colo_rs are different, they drive on the pavement as well so maybe, just maybe their seconds don't last as long..... mind you thinking about it how do you time a second to see if it is...........

Oh I've confused myself now.... I'm off for a liedown in a dark room.... :whistling:

Pete

A second is equal to the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the cesium-133 atom :o

I have no idea how the Ancient Greeks fell lucky on that one though :lol:

A second is equal to the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the cesium-133 atom :o

I have no idea how the Ancient Greeks fell lucky on that one though :lol:

Well we all know that of course :whistling: maybe they are lazy and rounded it up to 9,200,000,000......................