Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Protected Ncb

aido

Just looking at some insurance quotes and Direct Line are wanting to charge an extra £100 just to protect my NCB - is this about right?!

i found it to be about £150 a yr more..

think it depends on how many yrs you have im on 7 now..

On 8 here. The premium was about £660 with no protected NCB and £760 with protected NCB!

At this rate I'll end up with Adrian Flux again as that quote is without any modifications!

On 8 here. The premium was about £660 with no protected NCB and £760 with protected NCB!

At this rate I'll end up with Adrian Flux again as that quote is without any modifications!

Out of intrest, how much you paying with Adrian Flux mate, he saved me over £700 on the Audi :winky:

Their renewal price is about £880 mate :crying:

Direct Line I reckon I could get down by bartering if I say I'll take on home insurance etc but need to shop around a bit!

Their renewal price is about £880 mate :crying:

Direct Line I reckon I could get down by bartering if I say I'll take on home insurance etc but need to shop around a bit!

Did shop for the Audi on moneysupermarket, then got renewal of Flux for £1389 :o but Flux had a saying that thay would beat anyone else, so showed them other quotes, and came back @£588 for the Audi :D so shop about, and Flux will beat it mate :lol:

Hey that's mega to know thanks mate - will have a nosey about now :D

Wonder if they have any clauses for modified cars? Will give them a tinkle and see what they say!

Did they just take your verbal word or did you have to give them some proof of the lowest price?

Hey that's mega to know thanks mate - will have a nosey about now :D

Wonder if they have any clauses for modified cars? Will give them a tinkle and see what they say!

Did they just take your verbal word or did you have to give them some proof of the lowest price?

No mate, she went on the moneysupermarket site, and put in all my stuff, as she had this on her computer system anyway, she just got the same price's as me :D only thing she did find, was that my job discription had changed, as i changed jobs B)

I don't bother any more. Even with protected NCD premiums will still be increased if you make an "at fault" claim which your insurers have to pay, although you will still get your discount off the higher rate. I think most insurers also limit the number of claims before you lose NCD even if protected.

Wife is with Esure on 75% unprotected NCD. Her NCD will reduce to 72% after 1 claim, 65% after 2 claims, needs 4 claims in any year to lose it.