Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cabin Filter (glovebox) For 1995 Ls400

Hi all

The Lexus bug bit and I picked up a 1995 LS400 (full service history from Lexus, been through 3 cambelt changes, everything working so very happy).

The only two negatives were:

1) road noise. It seemed very noisy and a lot of wind noise at 70mph. Having a look on here, I believe that it is combination of the tires (Pirelli's) and the road surface (managed to hit a 'smooth' section of the motorway and the dB dropped dramatically

2) low air flow from air con. Did a hunt around and saw reference to the pollen filter. I pulled it out and looks like it has not been changed in about 5 years!!!

So I think this may be the root cause - does anyone know the part number and whether/where I could order online?

I am in London.

Many thanks,

James

PS: the directions that people posted to take the filter out were spot on!

Hi all

The Lexus bug bit and I picked up a 1995 LS400 (full service history from Lexus, been through 3 cambelt changes, everything working so very happy).

1) road noise. It seemed very noisy and a lot of wind noise at 70mph. Having a look on here, I believe that it is combination of the tires (Pirelli's) and the road surface (managed to hit a 'smooth' section of the motorway and the dB dropped dramatically

2) low air flow from air con. Did a hunt around and saw reference to the pollen filter. I pulled it out and looks like it has not been changed in about 5 years!!!

So I think this may be the root cause - does anyone know the part number and whether/where I could order online?

I am in London.

Many thanks,

James

Hi

if you have Car Parts Direct or a similar outlet near you they will supply the part over the counter - costs around £22 - i had similar problem with mine when i bought it - i thought the blowers were made to blow like that to keep cabin noise down untill 7 months later when i went to get my air con charged and the chap pointed it out lol! - and it didnt look like it had been changed for years even though car was FLSH!?

Hi all

I am in London.

Many thanks,

James

Hi

if you have Car Parts Direct or a similar outlet near you they will supply the part over the counter - costs around £22 - i had similar problem with mine when i bought it - i thought the blowers were made to blow like that to keep cabin noise down untill 7 months later when i went to get my air con charged and the chap pointed it out lol! - and it didnt look like it had been changed for years even though car was FLSH!?

Hi

Thanks for that - I just dropped them an email.

I am going to check the *wad* of receipts and invoices to see whether the prev owner was charged for something that has clearly not been changed - akin to the £15 washer fluid 'game' that service centres sometimes play!

Hi all

I am in London.

Many thanks,

James

Hi

Hi

Thanks for that - I just dropped them an email.

I am going to check the *wad* of receipts and invoices to see whether the prev owner was charged for something that has clearly not been changed - akin to the £15 washer fluid 'game' that service centres sometimes play!

Gord I think got charged once for them changing his and they'd been cheeky and written on the old pollen filter - when the car came back they'd charged for it but when they had a look the writing was still there!

Mine had never been changed, did it myself the other day and the old one was proper minging!

The Lexus price was £24 last time I looked. I made one up out of folded J cloth and silicone, double thick and carefully concertina'd. It is possible to wash them out unless they are too far gone and the paper is cracking up.

Its a lot of money for what it is!