Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250/220 To Is-f

Are you talking performance wise or just looks?

All the bumpers, lights, brakes, seats etc are available from Lexus but will probably cost a fortune!

Even the engine and everything you could buy but you might as well buy the IS-F to start off with!

No just cosmetics.

I think this would be Bumpers,Sideskirt, Lip spoiler and exhaust. If I remember rightly jeremy clarkson said the exhausts were fakes so we are just talking tail pipes?

Why the hell would you want to do that?

Is anyone selling kits to convert your IS to an IS-F.

Whats the cost?

Im presuming there are people that will do it as you can get BMW's converted to M3 /M5's from the standard.

They are sure to do a kit in the USA. The version for this country would come with a compulsory lettering kit for the windscreen that spells out SPECIAL CHILD :tomato:

Except for the probable sheer cost of it, what's wrong with fitting an IS-F bodykit to an IS?

I don't see it any different to getting an AMG kit for a non-AMG Merc, which is something I would definitely do if I got a Merc - it's not as necessary on the IS as it's a decent looking car but I tend to prefer factory kits in most cases to other aftermarket options..........

Except for the probable sheer cost of it, what's wrong with fitting an IS-F bodykit to an IS?

I don't see it any different to getting an AMG kit for a non-AMG Merc, which is something I would definitely do if I got a Merc - it's not as necessary on the IS as it's a decent looking car but I tend to prefer factory kits in most cases to other aftermarket options..........

Well to start with I don't believe you can use the OEM panels as most everything is different between them. Not just some body panels but some the inner structure is different.

However, I believe a Korean Company has produced IS-F look-alike panels for the ISX250, complete with the non connected quad outlets on the rear bumper panel. Here you go: :sick:

http://myride.co.kr/goods/bbt02.html

Except for the wheels, the bonnet, and the tail pipes (which I'm still not particularly keen on even on the IS-F) that actually looks pretty good!

Love the Five Axis front bumper (replica I presume) but you have to applaud the attention to detail :)

But you're right about the IS-F parts, it would be such a ridiculous cost as so many panels are different that I couldn't see the point - I hope Lexus come up with a Sport model with a proper kit fitted (a la BMW and Mercedes)

I'd wait a year and buy the IS-F - they'll be going for £35k or less by then. Some are already as low as £42k at the dealers before you start to wave the cheque book at the salesman's nose...

I reckon it'd cost at least £3-5k just in body bits before you even think about that custom paint job and wheels, so anything like £5-7k minimum, then there's the interior,etc. if you want the full jobby. You're talking £000's and 000's....

Not really worth it IMHO, unless you can pick up an Accident damaged IS250 and do it yourself...or decide that your 3 year old IS is mechanically so good that rather than forking out £10-20k on a replacement, you just do it up....

PS - bogger all that - spend £30k and get the M5

Well to start with I don't believe you can use the OEM panels as most everything is different between them. Not just some body panels but some the inner structure is different.

However, I believe a Korean Company has produced IS-F look-alike panels for the ISX250, complete with the non connected quad outlets on the rear bumper panel. Here you go: :sick:

Wow! Lovin the neons in the front wing air intakes...

The main issue IMO is the performance gulf- a 330Ci sport is near as dammit as quick as an M3 (and are both straight 6), whereas an IS250 vs ISF... :crybaby:

Wow! Lovin the neons in the front wing air intakes...

The main issue IMO is the performance gulf- a 330Ci sport is near as dammit as quick as an M3 (and are both straight 6), whereas an IS250 vs ISF... :crybaby:

IS 250 vs IS F - No Contest!