Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebay

Ellz

Hi guys well it looks like someone has put a stupid bid on my phone. £720 they havent got any feedback so im guessing there jsut out to **** up peoples sales. Whats the next best step ?

The weird thing is someone just before that bid put £700 down and has got 100% feedback on 105 items so im guessing thats a genuine account.

Any help is much appreciated.

Theres still 10 mins to go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...71#ht_500wt_924

why anyone wolud pay £700+ for a phone is beyond me

Thats the thing mate im guessing they have no intention of paying for it and are just ruining my sale, im not sure why but i cant see anyone paying this for it when there are others on the for buy it now at £300

id ask for immediate payment, hope you get it all mate just think of all the shiney new things you can get!!

Thansk guys but I dont think you are getting it Lol. They have 0 feedback on 0 items i have emailed the person with no response. I wouldnt even accept payment as ive herd bad stories about people getting shafted on eBay with these things. I've even had other people emailing me on eBay saying be careful.

Ive emailed eBay and will be offering second chance to the other bidders. I just dont get how eBay let them get away with it, as i thought it was a legally binding contract and they should have bank details from paypal.

I think it is a legally binding contract but I thought you didn't need to have bank details set up in order to place a bid.

If you definitely don't trust it, can you not have eBay delete those bids? (sorry if that's a silly question)

I think it is a legally binding contract but I thought you didn't need to have bank details set up in order to place a bid.

If you definitely don't trust it, can you not have ebay delete those bids? (sorry if that's a silly question)

Well ive got the second chance offer available so will go that route as long as eBay get back to me.

Well I see thats it ended Ellz, so did you get the payment from the winning bidder ??

Just got an email from them, guess where they want it sent to.......... Nigeria, guessing effing what, not on my nelly its getting sent there. They want it sent out today by royal mail international tracked, when there money goes in, so basically they want me to send it then once its sent they'll with draw there money from paypal or the account associated with it and then me left with no money and no phone.

Well I see thats it ended Ellz, so did you get the payment from the winning bidder ??

Just got an email from them, guess where they want it sent to.......... Nigeria, guessing effing what, not on my nelly its getting sent there. They want it sent out today by royal mail international tracked, when there money goes in, so basically they want me to send it then once its sent they'll with draw there money from paypal or the account associated with it and then me left with no money and no phone.

Whats the matter with that mate have you got no trust in people :whistling::lol::lol:

oh well mate you'll just have to hope the second chance bidders are not from there to.

Whats the matter with that mate have you got no trust in people :whistling::lol::lol:

oh well mate you'll just have to hope the second chance bidders are not from there to.

Yeah gone that route, they've got 100% feedback on a lot of items so they should be more trustable

Bit late now but you can stop that happening Ellz.

If you go into your account setting you can block people with less than a set amount of feedback from even bidding, also if they've had x amount of negative in the past x months.

And also you can delete peoples bids as well.

Stav

send them a brick for a laugh or poop in a fag packet and send it over.

Draw the money, close paypal account... haha

gotta play the game, the more people waste their time the more they will give up.

its a nightmare trying to sell phones on eBay, i had to relist mine 5 times before i eventually got rid of it.

Everytime someone would put in a stupid bit, win the auction, them email me with some sob story about how they were buying this for a relative in Nigera who had been run over by a horse then knocked over by a bus etc etc...

My friend recently had the same problem, he actually bought one of those fake turds and stuck a label on it saying Nokia, then posted it to Lagos in Nigeria :D

ellz you still got the phone

Yeah still got it. I got email from eBay say they've removed there account and that if any money had been transfered contact the police, none had so I didnt .

Cheers for that stav if I need to relist I'll do that. Just a annoying waste of time

ellz you still got the phone

Yeah still got it. I got email from eBay say they've removed there account and that if any money had been transfered contact the police, none had so I didnt .

Cheers for that stav if I need to relist I'll do that. Just a annoying waste of time

been looking at this phone also.. wondering what price you would sell me at, PM me Elliot.

dogdoo.com comes in handy for people like that!

Funny thing is that when you're driving around in Nigeria they have big roadside signs up saying that they shouldn't do conning things like that :lol:

surely tho, if the payment was in your paypal, stransfer it to your bank, remove you account details and then close the account, they cant claim it then can they.

It take 5 working days to clear into your real account, I'm guessing what they do is get you to send it out then once they have the tracking number they then remove there funds.