Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Headlight Adjustment For Mot

Anyone come across the issue of Headlight Adjustment for the IS220d/250

For it to go through the MOT it needed a headlight adjustment, apparently it was a common thing according to the dealer.

Now to pay for a technician to make those adjustments makes me wonder why a 3 year old car needs lights adjusting.

I have had many cars, inc a few Lexus and never had to have lights adjusting.

Would I be right to have a moan, is this a Lexus problem?

Warranty will not cover this, but my argument is that its either a fault or it was set wrong at the factory.

For it to go through the MOT it needed a headlight adjustment, apparently it was a common thing according to the dealer.

Now to pay for a technician to make those adjustments makes me wonder why a 3 year old car needs lights adjusting.

Warranty will not cover this, but my argument is that its either a fault or it was set wrong at the factory.

Have you got the HID self levelling/active system?

hi

No.. just the standard projector lights. I have the base model IS220d

hi

No.. just the standard projector lights. I have the base model IS220d

So it should have the standard control for headlight adjustment on the dashboard somewhere? Did he say whether it was too high or too low?

Don't think I can help with this one. It's the first time it's been mentioned on here, so it's unlikely to be 'common'. Anyone else care to comment?

no idea whether it was too high or low but they had to take trim off and adjust it.

seems strange as i asked what usually do these fail on and Light Adjustment was the reply... low and behold.. i had to have light adustment.

remember these have only started being MOT'd as the first models are now reached 3 years

no idea whether it was too high or low but they had to take trim off and adjust it.

seems strange as i asked what usually do these fail on and Light Adjustment was the reply... low and behold.. i had to have light adustment.

remember these have only started being MOT'd as the first models are now reached 3 years

Yes, I know as mine had its first M.O.T on December 23rd, three years plus one day after I first bought it. Would have failed due to seized sliders on the rear calipers, but both calipers and pads were replaced F.O.C as it was a known 'common' problem.

A lot of cars seem to have their lights set wrong nowadays from the factory in terms of how often you get blinded by new cars!

The big 4x4s are shocking but I'm not sure if that's just due to their height or whether they are just set wrong?!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links