Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ecu & Trc Light Flashing C/w Missfire !

Copper

Hello there.

Looking for a wee bit of help here please.

The other week my IS200 felt lumpy, as if it was running on five cylinders. The engine management light and the trc control light are flashing on and off.

I had my mate check it out, who confirmed it was indeed only firing on the five cylinders, he changed the plugs with no joy, so suggested the HT lead but warned me they are £100, but I thought I would give it a go. Still no joy.

So a quick search through these forums points me in the direction of the coil pack. Is this a big job?

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS: I now have a nearly new HT lead for sale ! :crybaby:

Copper

Hello there.

The other week my IS200 felt lumpy, as if it was running on five cylinders. The engine management light and the trc control light are flashing on and off.

I had my mate check it out, who confirmed it was indeed only firing on the five cylinders, he changed the plugs with no joy, so suggested the HT lead but warned me they are £100, but I thought I would give it a go. Still no joy.

So a quick search through these forums points me in the direction of the coil pack. Is this a big job?

Copper

Get the fault code read and it will tell you exactly what the problem is mate

My only hesitation on the coil pack diagnosis would be they usually fail in pairs from what I can see so you would expect misfires on more than one cylinder if that were the case

Get codes read to double check

Hello there.

Copper

Hi mate, the is200 DONT HAVE HT LEADS, You will find its one of your coilpacks thats the problem :winky:

the coil pack sits directly on top of the plugs, these are common to go, if youve been charged for a HT LEAD then im afraid you've been ripped off as gord has rightly pointed out, they dont have them. easy way to determin the faulty one, disconnect the coil packs one by one and the ones that DONT effect the engines current performance are the faulty ones.

Many thanks for your replies.

You guys are absolutely right! The info I got was the HT lead was replaced, but it turns out it was actually a coil pack that was replaced. I now have box the new one came in and it states 'Toyota – Ignition Coil pack', sorry for the confusion.

So I still have this lumpy misfire going on…

So I have had a diagnostic test done by a friend at a bodyshop for free.

Codes come up as

P0300 multiple misfire

P0302 cylinder 2

P0303 cylinder 3

P0306 cylinder 6

Would this mean that yet another three coil packs at said cylinders need replacing, Is this common for this many to go at once ? And is so is £100 a shot from Lexus my only option :crybaby:

Thanks