Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The New Aventis ... An Is Look Alike?

The interior looks like it has IS overtones but the exterior doesn't really. It looks ok in the ad but I saw one outside my local Toyota dealer the other day and it doesn't look good at all, it looks really tall (if that makes sense) which make it look really odd.

I'm baffled as to why anyone would buy one over a Mondeo, or perhaps even the new Insignia..........

I was very surprised when i saw the advert. And i must say the car looks damn fine!!

Probably just me (yeah it is) but i my first thought was Cadillac CTS. just something about it that reminded me of it (i know it looks nothing like it really)

The interior looks like it has IS overtones but the exterior doesn't really. It looks ok in the ad but I saw one outside my local Toyota dealer the other day and it doesn't look good at all, it looks really tall (if that makes sense) which make it look really odd.

I'm baffled as to why anyone would buy one over a Mondeo, or perhaps even the new Insignia..........

Must agree, might look different outside the dealers, but looks fine in the add :D

I'm not sold on it at all. Haven't actually seen any on the road either, though Toyota state that all manufactured have already been sold. Makes you wonder why there are quite a few in the showrooms then ...

I think it looks "tall" too, and a quick glimpse of the front almost at times makes you think it's the LS 460...

Toyota's legendary reliability will mean it will sell...

Nothing beats the new Honda Accord though...in that bracket it is simply outstanding already - and with that, the Mondeo and the Insignia all vying for sales, the Avensis has a job on it's hands.... Will need to drive the new Avensis to be sure...

It's a shame they didn't bring the Mark X out over here, that could have filled something like the Avensis space nicely :)

The Mark X was a sexy looking car. The Avensis is nice to, the back looks tidy, interior looks a bit bland and plasticky though. Not sure on the front either...

Liking the new Vauxhall to....tough times out their for the Toyota.

I quite like the fact we have some nice aggressive looking cars again instead of all the same bland designs.

Nice return to form - just a shame it's at a time when they're having to cut corners and will start focussing on getting 100mpg more than ever now!

My other car is an Avensis

Well, it's actually "The Car Formerly Known as Mine"; an '06 model that my wife drives since I got the IS. The Avensis is good, solid, reliable, roomy, comfortable and inexpensive to insure but very uninspiring to drive.